Arduino Seeed SAMD Board installation error: bossac not available

Hi all,

I’m trying to install Seeed SAMD Board v1.8.2 on Arduino v1.8.15 and I get error regarding bossac not being available for operating system that I’m using. The OS is a Ubuntu 21.04 64 bit for arm devices installed on a Raspberry PI 4.
The error message looks like this:
Tool bossac is not available for your operating system. java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.Exception: Tool bossac is not available for your operating system. at cc.arduino.contributions.packages.ui.ContributionManagerUI.lambda$onInstallPressed$2(ContributionManagerUI.java:179) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Tool bossac is not available for your operating system. at cc.arduino.contributions.packages.ContributionInstaller.install(ContributionInstaller.java:88) at cc.arduino.contributions.packages.ui.ContributionManagerUI.lambda$onInstallPressed$2(ContributionManagerUI.java:172) ... 1 more
Can you please help debug this problem? Does anyone knows how to install Seeed SAMD Board on Ubuntu 21.04 for ARM64?
Is it less error prone to use a 32 bit version of OS?

Regards,
Vlad

2 Likes

For anyone else coming here for the same reasons I did:

You can get around this problem by using the 32-bit version of the OS distribution for Raspberry Pi (I had success using bullseye).

It would be nice if bossac could be compiled for this architecture and made available.

Having the same issue. Hopefully they update with a 64 bit version soon!!!