Arduino and Touch Shield

Hi,

I recently picked up the Touch Shield and worked through all of the TFT examples on my Arduino UNO. I was wondering if you had any touch screen examples that I could take a look at? I am interested in creating a cascading menu in which the user can select menu options and navigate to sub menus for input. I did see the bitmap example but like everyone else it does not seem to work properly on the Uno. Please advise, I am so far impressed with some of the flexibility such as screen orientation and so on.

Thanks!

Anybody home? I tried the Touchscreen example under the TFT sub-directory and it doesn’t work.

Hi,dear
Those examples we have posted were based on bottom-driven, we could not support detailed programs in application layer.
But, don’t be too disappointed, we are updating our forum, we’ll show some demos or posts about great creation.
Let’s hope it is.
Jacket
Best Regards

So, within my loop I am keeping things very simple:

Point p = ts.getPoint(); Serial.println(p.z); Serial.println(ts.pressureThreshhold); delay(5000);

All the time while I am tapping on the screen the values returned are repeatedly:
10 - Based on the preset value, I expect this
etc.

What does “bottom-driven” mean? I was expecting to be able to use the shield as a touch screen as it was advertised.

Hi
Where do you demo come from? Do you show it to me?

Hi
So to speak,Bottom-driven means basic program, Application layer means detailed design.

So bottom driven is a basic support of a basic (i.e. simple) instruction set but no support for anything beyond that? This makes me curious as to why the shield was released particularly in a version 2 of the product? My assumption would be that the support for a 3GL such as C/C++ heck even a 2GL like ASM would have been worked out in version 1 of the product. To have two versions of a touchscreen shield that doesn’t support touchscreen program functionality is somewhat short sighted if I understand what you are saying correctly. Please explain or at a minimum demonstrate some form or example sketches for the advertised Arduino compatibility feature set.

Kind Regards,
-Ken Q.

The paint demo within TFT libraries doesn’t support touchscreen? you can paint anything you want on touchscreen.
And more DIY demos rely on all of us who are interested in Open Source.

Of course I am interested in open source and DIY. However, a product that advertises a touchscreen capability and arduino compatibility has a certain expectation of some higher functionality or at least some basic functionality that supports basic touchscreen. I posted very simple code from your companies example and it simply does not work. Can you propose a solution. I would like to do the simplest of things with the touchscreen and that would be to touch the screen and print the screen coordinates as well as the pressure applied. Initially your example would appear to do this however, it has not proven to be the case. Please advise.

Earlier you had asked where the demo code came from. It came from your site, at this url:
seeedstudio.com/wiki/2.8%27% … hield_V1.0
from that url there was another at the bottom of the wiki:
seeedstudio.com/wiki/File:TF … no_1.0.zip
that url took me to another page and yet another link:
seeedstudio.com/wiki/images/ … no_1.0.zip
the last link had the word “current” next to them so the assumption is that that was the current library from which to do my DIY open source development from.

Hi,Dear
You mean that the touchscreen demo can’t work?
The paint demo within TFT libraries , can it work well?
Could you show us What errors occur while you compiling.
Best Regards
Jacket

I, too, bought a TFT TouchScreen from RadioShack. It plugs in rather well, but other than lighting the backlight because it’s plugged-in, I can’t tell it’s not bricked.

The demo code doesn’t seem to work…I’m also rather unimpressed with a $50 purchase.

I suppose I should take it back, until you guys work out the kinks?

Dear all
All of TFT demos can work well
Following are the picture of each demo
drawCircle.jpg
drawLines.jpg
drawRectangle.jpg
paint.jpg
shapes.jpg
touchscreendemo.jpg

I bought the 2.8 TFT 1.0 and finally got all the example to work. the problem I had was getting the libraries recognized. I’m using iMac and what i had to do was, down load the (TFT_touch_ 1) folder then move to desk top and open it and copy the two folders (TFT and TouchScreen) to arduino/libraries then deleted the TFT_Touch_1 folder.

The Touch Screen Demo Sketch is missing the closing bracket }