Alternative firmware for IoT Button for AWS?

I am interested in re-purposing these buttons to call a generic webhook instead of calling AWS APIs. Can that be done, or is the device locked so that I will not be able to? The product description says it’s “programmable”.

Hi, I have a quantity of IOT buttons for AWS, but now AWS will no longer be supporting the 1 click service, is there another way to program or use these? - is you ever find an alternative webhook solution?

Hi,
If you wish to continue using the Seeed IoT Button For AWS, you kindly need to migrate it to AWS IoT Core on your own.
You can refer to developer guide below:

Getting started with AWS IoT Core - AWS IoT Core.

I referred to the linked developer guide. What platform and SDK does the Seeed IoT button require and how does one download files to the device?

Please provide more specific steps/details on how the IoT button can be actually accessed with or migrated to IoT Core. Perhaps an example demonstration, proving it can be done.

Hi @Seeed_Seraphina ,

Can we please get a step by step guide on how to update/change the firmware of the button? Please do not refer to the AWS documentation, this is a question about a Seeed product and how to adopt it to the fact AWS discontinues their 1-Click service. Thanks.

Hi everyone
After investigation, we have come to understand that during the design of the AWS Button, we were unaware that AWS IoT 1-Click would eventually discontinue its service. As a result, the button does not have a debugging interface for firmware burning, which may lead to difficulties in migrating to AWS IoT Core.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. For further communication, please feel free to contact [email protected].

I wondered if maybe you mean that there’s a way to connect the button to IoT Core already, without 1-Click. If that’s so, please let us know. I’d rather program it to call a webhook (you can use AWS Lambda Function URLs to make your own Webhook endpoints and avoid the costs of AWS IoT), but if IoT Core is what can make this button useful again, that’d probably be fine.