I am a newbie in IoT and applications of Raspberry Pi.
I am working on a small home automation project which consists of following sensors:
I have codes for all the sensors and I can read sensor data when they are connected to RPi GPIO.
But, I want to place these sensors in different rooms (as it’s a small part of home automation).
I don’t understand how to read sensor data on Rpi when they are at different locations.
I have some questions:
- Can you suggest me which wifi module should I use for sensors and which for RPi?
- Can wifi module transfer sensor data to raspberry pi?
- I have all the sensors, RPi and other required equipment except Wifi Module.
I am able to get sensor data when sensors are directly connected to RPi.
As per your suggestion, which wifi module should I purchase?
Will it be compatible with all the sensors?
- Do I need Arduino Uno?
After surfing the internet I came to know about ESP8266 wifi module,
- Can ESP8266 transfer sensor data to raspberry pi?
- Does it require to have a mediator like Uno dev board to transfer data?