A603 UART0 missing?

Hi

I am trying to use this board with 2 UART serial connection.
one is using UART1 at W8 40PIN - TXD - Pin 8 and RXD - Pin 10.

for the second there is either UART2 at the 14 W7 14 Pin but this one is also used for the console and i understand there is a way to minimize the console print but not to stop it, correct me if i am wrong please. if true it is not a good option.

the other option is UART0 at the M.2 Key E W13:
but the pinout makes no sense since the E key means there are no contacts 24-31 and the specs says that this is where the UART is connected.
Is it possible to use UART0?

Just to make sure I counted and marked.

What am I missing?

Is it a support forum?

Yes it is, if people knows answer on your question they will help you. You can send your question to manufacturer, I’m sure they will help you

Got you. I thought this is forum has some Seeed representatives moderating it and answering questions.

Hi there,
Where is the schematic?
You certain it’s the correct connector?
GL :slight_smile: PJ

Seeed didn’t provide a schematic, only a datasheet which is where i got all the information from:

Do you have a schematic of the A603?

I am certain it is the right connector in the picture I took.

Hi there,
Are you asking about these?

Yes exactly, now scroll up to my picture and see that there is no pin 24, 26, 28

Ok, yes I see what your getting at, You need the schematic to do that level of discovery.
I looked at the Nvidia forum and saw the post there also.
If you join Nvidia forum you may get access to the documents and look at the reference design for the carrier boards. may gain some info there.
HTH

reference design won’t help here, I need Seeed support to tell me what they did.

It appears that it is not possible to use UART0 in this case.

Hi there,
I hope you are good.
Is there a schematic available for this A603? or any of the carrier boards? If not could you inquire please with your excellent sources and Workmates If there is an OPEN source version , or reference design carrier board.
I want to embark on the similar journey However the complexities and expense of this area REALLY requires the access to the LOWEST level hardware layers to make it work and that means the schematic. Any insight you can provide will serve us all very well.
GL :slight_smile: PJ :v:

Hi there,
I almost never buy these type of device b4 checking if the documentation is available.(including schematic).
I like seeed’s new approach to go with and state what is Open source. this is good for everyone. imo.
Being a new products Lab electronics evaluator for BlackBox for many years(80’s-90’s), I would feel like they were trying to Hide or protect something when it wasn’t offered as part of the eval package. more often than not it was the former as opposed to the later.
Now I feel that way too about the firmware for these devices.
my.02
HTH

We are sorry to inform you that A603 is not an open source project, so we can’t provide schematics for you. If you want to use the uart0 pin on the ‘w13’, you can only use it by connecting an adapter board with the appropriate pinout.

1 Like

Hi there,
I can appreciate your support on this product, I want to get into this level of Edge AI, but as stated in other threads, It really does help if access to the Documentation is available. Seeed would do well IMO to push these manufactures to provide it open source , there’s no magic in any of these carrier boards so puzzles me as to why also the confusion in the adds for it , can you clarify with your workmates.?

Is it poor wording or a promise never kept? either way it is very misleading.
HTH

For the J30/J40 carrier board, we are open source. This is stated in our blog.

However, we did overlook placing the schematics for download on the Bazaar. We apologize for this oversight. In the future, we will make sure to provide corresponding schematics for our open source products. Thank you very much for your feedback and support of our products!

1 Like

Hi there,
I think it’s these pins, BTW
HTH