A603 carrier board: One USB type A ports locked at USB 2.0 speed

I apologize for being late. We have tested it here. If you want to detect whether an interface is USB 3.0 using “lsusb -t,” your USB device also needs to be USB 3.0.

Here are the USB interface speeds we tested based on the new BSP (with a USB 3.0 device connected). We will update this BSP package on the wiki as soon as possible!

https://nv-jetson-images.oss-us-west-1.aliyuncs.com/A603/603_imx477_jp512_20240520.zip?OSSAccessKeyId=LTAI5tKm7UD2hmuFW85cz42T&Expires=4869791692&Signature=OwnkmTnBdLtGsEG1At31wWg5XTQ%3D

Hello,
I’ve been having the same problem while using my camera with the A603. I tried flashing with the latest BSP package you’ve mentioned above but the problem persists. Here’s the output for lsusb.

For bottom port -

/:  Bus 02.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=tegra-xusb/4p, 10000M
    |__ Port 1: Dev 4, If 0, Class=Video, Driver=uvcvideo, 5000M
    |__ Port 1: Dev 4, If 1, Class=Video, Driver=uvcvideo, 5000M
    |__ Port 1: Dev 4, If 2, Class=Video, Driver=uvcvideo, 5000M
    |__ Port 1: Dev 4, If 3, Class=Video, Driver=uvcvideo, 5000M
    |__ Port 1: Dev 4, If 4, Class=Video, Driver=uvcvideo, 5000M
    |__ Port 1: Dev 4, If 5, Class=Human Interface Device, Driver=usbhid, 5000M
/:  Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=tegra-xusb/4p, 480M
    |__ Port 3: Dev 2, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/4p, 480M
        |__ Port 1: Dev 10, If 1, Class=Human Interface Device, Driver=usbhid, 12M
        |__ Port 1: Dev 10, If 2, Class=Human Interface Device, Driver=usbhid, 12M
        |__ Port 1: Dev 10, If 0, Class=Human Interface Device, Driver=usbhid, 12M
        |__ Port 3: Dev 3, If 0, Class=Wireless, Driver=btusb, 12M
        |__ Port 3: Dev 3, If 1, Class=Wireless, Driver=btusb, 12M

For the top port (Closest to the board)

/:  Bus 02.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=tegra-xusb/4p, 10000M
/:  Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=tegra-xusb/4p, 480M
    |__ Port 2: Dev 7, If 2, Class=Human Interface Device, Driver=usbhid, 12M
    |__ Port 2: Dev 7, If 0, Class=Human Interface Device, Driver=usbhid, 12M
    |__ Port 2: Dev 7, If 1, Class=Human Interface Device, Driver=usbhid, 12M
    |__ Port 3: Dev 2, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/4p, 480M
        |__ Port 1: Dev 8, If 5, Class=Human Interface Device, Driver=usbhid, 480M
        |__ Port 1: Dev 8, If 3, Class=Video, Driver=uvcvideo, 480M
        |__ Port 1: Dev 8, If 1, Class=Video, Driver=uvcvideo, 480M
        |__ Port 1: Dev 8, If 4, Class=Video, Driver=uvcvideo, 480M
        |__ Port 1: Dev 8, If 2, Class=Video, Driver=uvcvideo, 480M
        |__ Port 1: Dev 8, If 0, Class=Video, Driver=uvcvideo, 480M
        |__ Port 3: Dev 3, If 0, Class=Wireless, Driver=btusb, 12M
        |__ Port 3: Dev 3, If 1, Class=Wireless, Driver=btusb, 12M

Hi there,
You have a picture of the connection, cable and ends?
HTH
GL :slight_smile: PJ
:v:

Hello,
These are the cables I have tested it with. They’re both usb 3 compatible and have been reliable in my experiments in the past. I need to use both the usb 3.0 ports on the carrier board since I’ll be using two high speed sensors on both.

Hi there,
So the first one looks fine, the second one Looks short on one end, They are marked SS so they appear to be correct. I would try to connect the port to a WIN10 box and see if it “dings” as connected then I would look at the device manager and see if it is enumerating the port as High Speed in the device tree.
if not it’s more than likely the Config settings or Driver isn’t able to sense the connector type.
Look at this thread ,
“LinuxDev” has it Very , Very well explained as why it may be a port or cable issue.

This is rapidly becoming a popular issue with the USB ports, cables, connectors matter.
HTH
GL:-) PJ

you can look at Device tree it records the hardware related software change.
and dmesg and the lsusb -t command.

Hello,
Thanks for your reply!
It doesnt sense the port as USB 3.0 in lsusb -t. It doesn’t however connect to my Windows box. Is there any way to fix the driver or configs?

Hi there,
SO in WIndows Device manager , does it show connected as USB3.0 device or connected to a USB 3.0 HUB internally?
HTH
GL :slight_smile: PJ

Hello,
Sorry for the late reply, it doesnt show up at all in the device manager and usbview. Here is the screenshot of usbview of the board connected to my pc. No other devices are connected to my pc.

Hello,
Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to try and make it work as USB 3.0