2.8'' TFT Touch Shield v2.0

Hey, Just bought this from RadioShack and I can’t seem to get it to work. In the readme file, it says to delete line 15 if you’re using a shield, but there’s only 4 or 5 lines in the whole text! Plus, looking at the text, I started hitting “enter” between all the //'s and looking at it now, it looks like everything has the “//” in front of it, so its like the whole file reads as nothing to the program.

Anyone just have a link to files that work?

Hi Dear
I refer to our wiki and check the libraries of TFT, I can’t find the Readme file, how/where did you get it?
Could you show it to me ?

Best Regards
Jacket

Hello,

Thanks for purchasing our products. The TFT Shield is sold at Radioshack is 2.8’’ TFT Touch Shield v1.0 but not 2.8’’ TFT Touch Shield v2.0, hence, for the details of this Shield, please refer to the wiki page(http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki/2.8%27%27_TFT_Touch_Shield_V1.0) .

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any other question.

Deray

Hello Deray. Could you please answer my following question:
How to use Digital inputs and Analog inputs of Arduino uno that the 2.8 TFT Touch SHield v2.0 is not using. As you know, this shield occupies almost all the Arduino pins. I have an application that uses some I/Os. Thank you,

Palliser

I think this is a multifunctional Arduino/Seeeduino/Arduino Mega compatible resistive touch screen. It can be used as display device or sketch pad too .

it services

Dear
You can use jumper wire plug into the pads on the reverse side of the Arduino uno.

Best Regards
Jacket

Thanks for your attention.

Jacket

Hello Palliser,

Please make sure that you are using 2.8 TFT Touch SHield v2.0 but not 2.8 TFT Touch SHield v1.0 , for 2.8 TFT Touch SHield v2.0 , it only use few ports of Arduino, you directly use other port. For more details , you can refer to the wiki (seeedstudio.com/wiki/2.8%27% … on_Arduino)

Deray

I have downloaded this zip file and copied it to the library, verifying works OK, but on uploading it says done uploading, but has red codes…

Binary sketch size: 6,476 bytes (of a 258,048 byte maximum)
avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout
avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): can’t communicate with device: resp=0x01
avrdude: stk500v2_command(): unknown status 0xc8
avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
this check.

avrdude: stk500v2_command(): unknown status 0x01
avrdude: stk500v2_disable(): failed to leave programming mode

hi, it seems there is somthing wrong in downloading the program. please check:

1. selete the right board you are using;
  2. when downloading the program, please uninstall the TFT from arduino board first.
    thanks

Using the MEGA 2560, its selected. Removed the screen and uploaded OK, but after plugging it in and turning on power, there is no display or light.

There is no SD card slot, so this is a version 1? May be defective?

I have also edited the h file line where it said “#define SEEEDUINO” to “#define MEGA” with no help. Also tried leaving it alone, and using an h file I found on the link page you gave me that does not mentipon SEEDUINO or MEGA. The screen never lights up. If I leave that touch screen connected, it times out on upload.

The link :http://seeedstudio.com/wiki/File:TFT%26TouchScreen_libraries.zip is invalid. The only other link is for version 0022 or something like that, it doesn’t work either.

It also looks like I’m having problems installing the libraries in the Arduino folder. I load them where they belong, but they do not show up ater restarting the program. I have renamed other folders from touchscreen to touchscreen2 and touchscreenlibrarymaster and rename them to just touchscreen when I want to use them, but renaming touchscreenlibrarymaster to touchscreen and opening the Arduino program, it does not show up?

I have removed the other folders named touchscreen… and left the touchscreenlibrarymaster as touchscreen. It shows up but still does not work. Also tried another but it wants a file called stdint.h. I can’t find that anywhere…

I have uploaded the touch test on the Uno and it works, sends back serial data. Am trying to find the screen display programs…

I’m not solving this.
The link http://seeedstudio.com/wiki/File:TFT%26TouchScreen_libraries.zip is not a valid link. There are no files there. So I went with http://seeedstudio.com/wiki/images/2/29/Tft_touch_libraries_11252011.zip, which has TFT and TouchScreen files. I deleted ALL files in my Arduino folder and just added the two files, but the TouchScreen file does not display in the Arduino program after restarting, and the TFT sketch will come up with lots of errors when verifying.

I also tried downloading the files at https://github.com/adafruit/Touch-Screen-Library, which contains Touch_Screen_Library_Master. This has an example called Touchscreendemo which works in that it will display data on the Serial Monitor, but only the pressure changes. X = 1023 Y = 0 Pressure = 249. There is no display.

The errors I get trying to run a Uno with the sketch_nov08a is…

C:\Download\Setup_Files\arduino\arduino-1.0.1-windows\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\TFT\TFT.cpp: In member function ‘unsigned char TFT::getData()’:
C:\Download\Setup_Files\arduino\arduino-1.0.1-windows\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\TFT\TFT.cpp:43: error: ‘delay’ was not declared in this scope
C:\Download\Setup_Files\arduino\arduino-1.0.1-windows\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\TFT\TFT.cpp: In member function ‘void TFT::init()’:
C:\Download\Setup_Files\arduino\arduino-1.0.1-windows\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\TFT\TFT.cpp:140: error: ‘delay’ was not declared in this scope
C:\Download\Setup_Files\arduino\arduino-1.0.1-windows\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\TFT\TFT.cpp: In member function ‘void TFT::setXY(unsigned int, unsigned int)’:
C:\Download\Setup_Files\arduino\arduino-1.0.1-windows\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\TFT\TFT.cpp:393: error: ‘constrain’ was not declared in this scope
C:\Download\Setup_Files\arduino\arduino-1.0.1-windows\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\TFT\TFT.cpp: In member function ‘void TFT::drawLine(unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int)’:
C:\Download\Setup_Files\arduino\arduino-1.0.1-windows\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\TFT\TFT.cpp:453: error: ‘abs’ was not declared in this scope
C:\Download\Setup_Files\arduino\arduino-1.0.1-windows\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\TFT\TFT.cpp: In member function ‘void TFT::drawVerticalLine(unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int)’:
C:\Download\Setup_Files\arduino\arduino-1.0.1-windows\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\TFT\TFT.cpp:475: error: ‘constrain’ was not declared in this scope
C:\Download\Setup_Files\arduino\arduino-1.0.1-windows\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\TFT\TFT.cpp: In member function ‘void TFT::drawHorizontalLine(unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int)’:
C:\Download\Setup_Files\arduino\arduino-1.0.1-windows\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\TFT\TFT.cpp:493: error: ‘constrain’ was not declared in this scope

hi, first , the shield on your hand without SD card socket is TFTv1.0
so , please check the wiki:http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki/2.8’’_TFT_Touch_Shield_V1.0#Resources
i have upload the lib for arduino IDE 1.0 to the “Resources”, you can download it and install the 2 lib to your \arduino\libraries
. :laughing:
you can begin to study this shield from the samples in the \TFT\examples…, and you do not need to change any code no matter seeeduino or mega you r using.

I got it! You are awesome!! Thanks!!!

I kept getting the link you were sending as “http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki/2.8’’_TFT_Touch_Shield_V1.0” and was leaving out the “#Resources” part.

I loaded the files in the library folder, the examples folder and the arduino folder. I know its overkill, but I didn’t want to miss having them in the right place.

I’m going to play now… Thanks again!!! :smiley:

Sorry to hijack this thread, I am seemingly unable to create new threads.

I have a TFT version 1 shield and a sd card shield from seeed studio, sold at radioshack. I am trying to run the BMP demo linked in the TFT shield’s wiki. I’m using an Arduino Uno, as the SD shield would not work with my 2560 Mega.

Serial Output:

Initializing SD card...SD OK! size 0x38436 offset 54 header size 40 bitdepth 24 compression 40 image size 240, 320 2394 ms size 0x38436 offset 54 header size 40 bitdepth 24 compression 40 image size 240, 320 2394 ms

Screen Output: imgur CMhJP (Can’t link because of Seeed’s forum’s spam control
It’s garbled and in no way looks like the provided bitmaps

I’m not the only one having this problem, according to a thread over at arduino’s forum (Not linked due to spam control). Unfortunately, that thread didn’t end in a working solution.

All of the other demos work fine. What do I need to do to get it to correctly display bitmaps?