programming with xBee installed on board

I am trying to get a stalker (V1.0 with the 168 mcu) to be programmed with the an XBee V1 installed. I can program the stalker with no problem if I have the XBee removed, but when I put the XBee in place and then try to program it I get the famous “not in sync” messages and I can’t program it. Is there a jumper I can set to program and then remove to run? (I’ve tried the ones that made sense, but no joy) Or is it the case of having to program the board and then install the XBee, test, remove the XBee, reprogram, install, test, remove, reprogram, install, test…

By the way for others looking here on XBee with the stalker, I think I have confirmed that the “D3” LED on the stalker is supposed to blink when the XBee is installed. I’m pretty sure I traced it through and convinced myself that it is the “ASC” heartbeat light and it’s blinking is a good thing…

Hi,

I am trying to get a stalker (V1.0 with the 168 mcu) to be programmed with the an XBee V1 installed. I can program the stalker with no problem if I have the XBee removed, but when I put the XBee in place and then try to program it I get the famous "not in sync" messages and I can't program it. Is there a jumper I can set to program and then remove to run? (I've tried the ones that made sense, but no joy) Or is it the case of having to program the board and then install the XBee, test, remove the XBee, reprogram, install, test, remove, reprogram, install, test...

Sorry for the inconvenience brought.
The programming port and the XBee use the same serial port of the stalker. So when you want to program the stalker, you’ better remove the XBee.
There is no jumper on the stalker.

By the way for others looking here on XBee with the stalker, I think I have confirmed that the "D3" LED on the stalker is supposed to blink when the XBee is installed. I'm pretty sure I traced it through and convinced myself that it is the "ASC" heartbeat light and it's blinking is a good thing...

Yes, the “D3” LED on the stalker is supposed to blink when the XBee is installed. It is controlled by the pin “ASSOC” of XBee.

Thanks!