firmware 1.2p and new hardware improvements?

i recently purchased a dso nano from WIDE.HK in hongkong via ebay - startup screen reads: dso201 firmware ver 1.2p.

i did not buy this from seeed studio directly and there are a few differences/improvements from the original.
*improved probe connector: mcx coaxial instead of mini plug. very good.
*no output jack for test signal
*battery pre-installed
*white buttons, not black

a few questions about this model:
*is ver1.2p firmware the same as the “paul” firmware, but in an earlier version? why not ship with the 1.4 version?
*are there instructions for the ver1.2p firmware? SPECIFICALLY, HOW DO I “SAVE CURRENT SETTINGS” ? i tried the method in the 1.4 paul instructions with no luck. either i don’t understand the translation or the method is different?
*no output jack for test signal?
*does this new version hardware include the full battery charging circuit or the reduced version?

any help with these questions would be deeply appreciated.

I am sorry that you DSO is not our produce ,so we don’t know more detailed about your device , cannot give you any technical support . Please contact the seller who you purchased from.

Out of test generator is in right upper corner.
Michael

I dont know the really differences in hardware design on both. But firmwares appears see fully compatible.
I think that reason of your DSO nano or DSO 201 (which is first and original design,?) come with paul firmware (best and simple to operate) 1,2 is the “time”. Paul now are in 1,5version… Too good, i try other firmwares… but unlikes too. and in one case, logo of seedstudio (at bootloader process) show inverted and with noise in some characters.
Now are using Paul 1.5

Thanks to Dani K.

Principal diference in previous version of paul and others.
Play and M buttons, moves Up and Down in looped menu of function. In 1.4 only you can go Down and… un some months of use break M button for too many push M to navigate on functions.

Only dislikes the text comments at startUp… Paul, is not necesary… a logo or signal trace (same to yiyial) is more good to see.

hi thanks for your replies. very helpful.
the most important question for me is:

*HOW DO I “SAVE CURRENT SETTINGS” ? i tried the method in the 1.4 paul instructions with no luck. either i don’t understand the translation or the method is different?

I, sorry for not previously understand

1. Need a TF card <=2gb.
  2. This card most be formated in FAT16 (NOT Fat32, NOD HPFS) and Save in, all files from:
    Original POST (THANKS FREEZING)
    viewtopic.php?f=12&t=534
  3. Personally I recommend to you, upgrade to Firmware Paul 1.4
  4. Insert TF card
  5. When you have Paul1.4 & TF w/files, on poweron a new option menu appears (FL).
  6. In any place (except SE) you must press and hold Play button a while to SAVE PARAMETERS in SDCard
    a text like "Parameters Saved) appears.

I recent read of new Firmware 2.31 can save Parameters to internal memory pressing buttons M&PLay togheter.

Finally: I recommend to you, previous to update your firmware, make a backup in Upload box/choose/upload
and allways make sure that firmware are you putting is less than <64kb.