Controlling a Miga Dash4 Actuator via the Xadow Duino

Hi there,

I am new to coding and have recently purchased the Rephone Create Kit and a Xadow Duino to work along side. I am hoping to program via Arduino IDE to generate a PWM signal to control a Dash4 Actuator via a 5V mosfet.

Having scratched around for a helpful tutorial specific to the Xadow Duino module and particularly for Pin selection and definition I have resoundingly failed.

I am powering the actuator externally from the Duino and just want to it to generate a PWM. I hope to get the actuator to actuate, hold in its actuated position for around 5 seconds, then shut again.

Any help for a serious noob would be greatly appreciated, even just a nudge in the right direction!

Many thanks,

Dom

Hi,
Xadow Duino base on ATMEGA32U4, it like the Arduino Leonardo. Provide 8-bit PWM output with the analogWrite() function, on digital pin 3, 5, 6, 9, 10, 11, and 13.
These code will generate a PWM signal on pin Do(Data output) of Xadow Duino.
void setup() {
analogWrite(5, 64);
}
void loop() {
}

I am also trying to generate a PWM signal from the rephone via the arduino. Would it be possible to add a function to the actuator app within the rephone to generate an on/off digitalwrite for operating a motor? If so could someone please give me a quick explanation as to how to do this (i.e which .c and .h files need editing and where about in the code I’d do this). I am using Eclipse IDE and have downloaded the source files for the Rephone

Apologies about my lack of knowledge. I only have a basic understanding of C.

Many thanks!

Dan