googlesamples-assistant-respeakerd not working

googlesamples-assistant-respeakerd not working. Followed the entire tutorial. I installed python 3 as per google documentation. and the remaining as per your documentation. When I execute the following script with my project ID and Model ID, i get an error.
googlesamples-assistant-respeakerd --project-id mysmartspeaker-242508 --device-model-id mysmartspeaker-242508-my-smart-speaker-rz6mdt
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/bin/googlesamples-assistant-respeakerd”, line 11, in
sys.exit(main())
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 722, in call
return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 697, in main
rv = self.invoke(ctx)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 895, in invoke
return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 535, in invoke
return callback(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/googleassistant_respeakerd/assist_with_respeakerd.py”, line 402, in main
pub = system_bus.publish(“io.respeaker.respeakerd”, dbus_obj)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pydbus/publication.py”, line 42, in publish
return Publication(self, bus_name, *objects)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pydbus/publication.py”, line 35, in init
self._at_exit(bus.request_name(bus_name, allow_replacement=allow_replacement, replace=replace).exit)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pydbus/request_name.py”, line 29, in request_name
return NameOwner(self, name, allow_replacement, replace)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pydbus/request_name.py”, line 8, in init
res = bus.dbus.RequestName(name, flags)
File “/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pydbus/proxy_method.py”, line 75, in call
0, timeout_to_glib(timeout), None).unpack()
GLib.Error: g-dbus-error-quark: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: Connection “:1.32” is not allowed to own the service “io.respeaker.respeakerd” due to security policies in the configuration file (9)
(env) respeaker@v2:~$

Hi there,

1. the latest auth has some compatible issue, please assign the version as 0.2

sudo python -m pip install --upgrade google-auth-oauthlib[tool]==0.2

2. Run pushtotalk

respeaker@v2:~/googleassistant_respeakerd$ googlesamples-assistant-pushtotalk --project-id respeaker-xxx--device-model-id respeaker-xxx-respeaker-core-v2.0-xxx
INFO:root:Connecting to embeddedassistant.googleapis.com
WARNING:root:Device config not found: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'/home/respeaker/.config/googlesamples-assistant/device_config.json'
INFO:root:Registering device
INFO:root:Device registered: ----
Press Enter to send a new request...
INFO:root:Recording audio request.
INFO:root:Transcript of user request: "how do I".
INFO:root:Transcript of user request: "how hot".
INFO:root:Transcript of user request: "Huddle House".
INFO:root:Transcript of user request: "hello how are you".
INFO:root:Transcript of user request: "hello how are you".

3. install googlesamples-assistant-respeakerd, if you use the "sudo pip install -U googleassistant_respeakerd" to install the respeakerd, you have to uninstall first.

git clone https://github.com/respeaker/googleassistant_respeakerd
cd googleassistant_respeakerd
sudo python setup.py install
sudo cp script/io.respeaker.respeakerd.conf /etc/dbus-1/system.d/

4. set respeakerd to pulse mode
sudo vim /etc/respeaker/respeakerd.conf

5. reboot
sudo reboot

6. run googlesamples-assistant-respeakerd after reboot, make sure we are in the pulse mode
googlesamples-assistant-respeakerd --project-id respeaker-xxx--device-model-id respeaker-xxx-respeaker-core-v2.0-xxx

we will update the wiki, please let us know if any issue.

Thanks

best rgds
Bill

Hi Team,

I was able to fix the issue by going to requirement.txt and changing

google-auth-oauthlib

to google-auth-oauthlib==0.2

googlesamples-assistant-respeakerd is working fine but it does not show any

LED lights. The pixel ring doesnt work. Please advice.

Thanks

Hi there~

Please run the below code and see if the pixel work well first. I see you have the gpiozero module, which code do you run now? thanks.
git clone --depth 1 https://github.com/respeaker/pixel_ring.git
cd pixel_ring
pip install -U -e .
python examples/respeaker_v2_pixel_ring.py
Thanks

best rgds
Bill