DSO Quad source code?

Go Adrian,

We are all looking forward to your first release. You are doing a good thing here! I for one understand that it is very time consuming and also very rewarding.

Hopefully you are big on code comments for those of us who will expand our “C” knowledge from this endeavor. Ease of code maintenance will be the essence of your success and it sounds like you are working that concept.

Hi Adrian! Thanks for putting so much effort in this project!!

If one is going to rework the code for a different compiler, wouldn’t it be better to use an open source compiler such as gcc? Looking at the Kiel site it looks like their compiler is proprietary, costs money, and only runs on Windows. Using gcc would allow for the most developers to participate in improving the functionality and usability of the code.

I vote for gcc as well.

However, switching compilers is not too difficult. Release whatever source code you want to release, and we can get it to run using gcc. (I’m not saying I will do it, but that it’s doable.)

There are no Keil specifics in the source. The source is ansi C, so you can use whatever tool chain you want to compile it. Usually only the the asm format varies from compiler to compiler, so this will need a little modification for gcc probably, along with link map to get the bios stubs in the right memory range for SYS. If I get time I will write a gcc makefile, or if anyone wants to do the gcc compilation then I can tell you what the optimisations and link map should be to make it work.

lygra,

I agree with this fully, and was my main reason for getting involved with the endeavour. Hopefully, we can come out with something very good, quite besides the enjoyment that comes from developing it together.

For those interested in gcc compilation for the Quad, check out this site http://stm32.spacevs.com/

Includes download skeletal projects for the STM32 built with the gcc toolchain :slight_smile:.

We should certainly try building the current and new source using resources like this.

Thats an awesome news! Im keep checking back since every day maybe you post some more news!:slight_smile:

Keep up the good work!

Laszlo

Hi guys,

I’m looking for the SYS_1.5 & APP_2.5 source code for analysis and experimentations. I’ll be using Rowley CrossWorks. Did anyone know if it’s already available and where to find it?

Cheers.

Just a little update. I am getting there, last week I had a heavy workload and am now a little behind, but first testing is not too far away now :slight_smile:.

Awesome.

I was thinking of doing this myself, but it seems pointless to duplicate effort. Let me know if you need any help with it.

• Peter

Patience is a virtue!

Peter,

I would very much like some help :slight_smile:, as I want this to be a team endeavour. Let’s just wait a little until I release the new source code version, and then we can look at what tasks we can each do :slight_smile:.

:stuck_out_tongue: the sourcecode of app251 and sys150 has been released .you will like it … :lol:

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.seeedstudio.com/forum/viewto … =22&t=2259”>http://www.seeedstudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2259</LINK_TEXT>

Damn yes… :mrgreen:

We are desperate… :roll:

Sooo…

How’s it going… is this project dead?

TGO,

Thanks for all your effort. We are all hoping to find useful firmware for the potentially useful Quad. Just wanted you to know that we appreciate all the effort you have spent and will expend.

I think it’s about time we designed a clone. Competition would be great!

Since there hasn’t been a new firmware build in the last week, does this mean the source code is stable and ready to be released?

Can we please get the source code for all new firmwares posted?