4ch Relay board in Node Red stopped working

Hi all,

we’ve been using the 4ch Relay board controlled from nodered for almost a year now without any problems. Suddenly it stopped working. Node-Red gave a “Remote I/O error”. I tried a new install from scratch, but I cannot install the contrib-i2c package to the palette; also gives an error.

I’m a bit desperate now, any help is appreciated!

thanks, Uli

Update: version 13 nodered doesn’t work with the i2c nodes, so I kept an old one.

That worked - for 5 minutes. Then I couldn’t communicate with the relay board again; even after a reboot i2cdetect didn’t show anything.

is there any way to get some support, even if it’s paid? We’ve got quite some of those boards, but for now it seems I can just trash them?

so, support is non-existent, right? Hello? Anyone from seeed? Please? We bought 10+ of those PCBs?

Same problem here… 4 cards in production.

Aftere a power restart the card works for 5 minuts or so, then they stop responding on the bus. Any software workaround dind’t work so far, just a power cycle.

is it a flawed design??

so, my account was reset. Is this the only reaction?

@uli484 Yes, let’s redesign the forum, let’s start from the beginning, which product issue are you referring to please? I should be able to help you.