Grove - 433MHz Simple RF link kit - Doubts

Hello, i have a few questions about this kit:

1- This kit is used for one way wireless communication at a frequency of 433MHz, but, it could be possible configure it for another frequency? I mean, if i had 5 wireless kit in the same room controlling 5 devices independently, i could work with 5 different frequencies?? An alternative??

2- The receiver power supply, Which kind of power supply has it? How much time can that receiver send 5V to -for example- a Grove Led with non stop? Is it easy to replace?

Thanks!!

1. No, the working frequency is the same. So five modules can not work at the same time.
  2. Not clear about the power consuming of the kit. We will try to get more parameters for this product.

Hello Steve, thanks for your reply :slight_smile: . What would you do in order to get 5 independent wireless control simultaneously?

I have just thinking about a possible solution. If i have 5 RF receiver, in each RF transmitter when i put data to send, this streamed data could be headed with an identifier, such “A”, “B”, “C”, “D”, “E”. Depending of the corresponding header word, in the receiver i can split this information for get in action with his own data.

What do you think about this?

How would you exclude that two transmitter active at same time?

Just as i said, for example if you have to light a led with a intensity value=100 (range 0-255), you have to send a string named A100, then in the receiver code, if the key word is “A”, you split A-100, store 100 in a variable as a integer spliting and parsing the A100, then you have a integer value equal to 100 and finally send 100 to the grove led only and only if the keyword is A for receiver number 1 -for example-…

Oh ok you would use only one transmitter and multiple receiver.

I would have 5 independent receiver and… only one transmitter?? Really each one kit contains one transmitter and one receiver. So, if i need 5 receiver i would have also 5 transmitter :wink: , but i do not know if it is neccesary to use 5 transmitter or instead only one in order to control 5 receiver :confused:

You must guarantee that 2 transmitters dont send at same time.
They use the same frequency so the signal to receiver can not be clean.

So, i must to use only one transmitter. I am reading the datasheet and seems that in the code of the receiver you can only define to write on a output led pin… i am not quite sure how configure the output pins for each receiver in the code…

#include <VirtualWire.h>
int RF_RX_PIN = 2;

So, it could be possible define as follow???:

#include <VirtualWire.h>
int RF_RX_PIN = 2;
int RF_RX_PIN_3 = 3;
int RF_RX_PIN_4 = 4;
int RF_RX_PIN_5 = 5;
int RF_RX_PIN_6 = 6;

http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki/Grove_-_433MHz_Simple_RF_link_kit#Hardware_Installation