(Bluetooth bee+Xbee shield+Arduino) How to set Xbee jumpers?

Hello,

I have bought some Bluetooth bees from SeeedStudio. I inserted it on the standard Xbee Shield then plugged the Xbee sheild in an arduino 2009.

When I use Bluetooth bee, it seems that Arduino cannot receive the bluetooth serial messages. Nothing happens.

Question is: when I use external 9V battery for Arduino (not USB mode), how to set the jumpers to actually connect Rx of bluetooth module to Tx on Arduino, and connect Tx of bluetooth module to Rx in Arduino?

Many thanks,

Yan

Hi Yan,

Bluetooth Bee and Xbee is compatible in TX,RX,RESET and GND pins.

The following info is from http://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoXbeeShield

With the jumpers in the Xbee position (i.e. on the two pins towards the interior of the board), the DOUT pin of the Xbee module is connected to the RX pin of the microcontroller; and DIN is connected to TX. Note that the RX and TX pins of the microcontroller are still connected to the TX and RX pins (respectively) of the FTDI chip - data sent from the microcontroller will be transmitted to the computer via USB as well as being sent wirelessly by the Xbee module. The microcontroller, however, will only be able to receive data from the Xbee module, not over USB from the computer.

May this helpful to you,

-Icing