Problem with Grove Serial Bluetooth and Android

Hi,

I can connect the module with my laptop but I can´t connect with my LG P970 mobile (with Android 2.2.2) or my Motorola XOOM (Android 3.2). I´ve uploaded slave sketch to Arduino. To connect I´ve tried:

1)scan for devices and pair with the module but that fails in my LG (it can´t discover the module). My table discovers the module and pair but can´t connect using the “Bluetooth SPP” or “BlueTerm” applications.

2)“BluetoothChat” Android API example with the only change:

socket = bd.createRfcommSocketToServiceRecord(UUID.fromString(“00001101-0000-1000-8000-00805F9B34FB”));

This is the well-known SPP UUID recommended in Android API Guides:
developer.android.com/reference/ … .util.UUID.

But it fails and launch the next exception: “Service Discovery failed”, “failed UUID channel lookup” and green/red leds keep blinking in interval.

So the question: there is a specified UUID to the module bluetooth service?

3)I,ve tried other application that basically is:

BluetoothAdapter localAdapter = BluetoothAdapter.getDefaultAdapter();
BluetoothDevice remoteDevice = localAdapter.getRemoteDevice(BT_MAC);
Method m = remoteDevice.getClass().getMethod(“createRfcommSocket”, new Class[] { int.class });
BluetoothSocket socket = (BluetoothSocket) m.invoke(remoteDevice, 1);
socket.connect();

It also fails and launch the next exception: “Connection timed out”. The messages sent by the module are:
+BTSTATE:3
CONNECT:FAIL
+BTSTATE:1

Can anyone help me? Thanks

Hi ,
Very sorry for the late response , there is a designed BUG of the power supply we found .
The solution is that remove the C5 capacitor ,please kindly try to do that , and test the module again :smiley:

Regards,
Deray