Grove Base Hat Zero

Hi folks,

I might have totaled my base hat zero - maybe by following the wrong quick start guide (grove pi zero).

The problem is- the ADC stops working after 1…30 seconds, afterwards the board is unreachable (i2cdetect turns up a completely blank sheet) until I cycle the power.

Is there someone with similar problems (or, even better, with a solution)?

Is there a way to re-flash the STM32 on the board? Why else are the firmware files downloadable…?

I appreciate any comment… thanks for your insights!

Hi there~

According to you description, we advise you to reburn the firmware via SWD port. The address of firmware file (.zip) is:

<LINK_TEXT text=“https://github.com/SeeedDocument/Grove_ … 905-02.zip”>https://github.com/SeeedDocument/Grove_Base_Hat_for_Raspberry_Pi/raw/master/res/grove_rpi_base_hat-v0.2-20180905-02.zip</LINK_TEXT>

Download it and see if it works. If you have any other questions or board still cannot work, give feedback to us for advanced suggestions.

Thanks cheers,

JL

Hi again,

I spent some time setting up openocd and getting it to work- in the end I was able to burn the firmware into the ST32.

Sadly, the problem seems to persist, so I’ll try to give you some details on my setup:

I use a Raspi Zero W underneath the HAT, the software is pure Python.

sys.path.append("/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/grove/")

import adc

SensAna = adc.ADC()

while 1:

print(SensAna.read_voltage(1))

time.sleep(1)

The results are strange enough-

when trying to access channel zero the program crashes immediately showing “no I2C or no HAT inserted”

when trying to access channel one I get the result for channel zero, the program crashes after some time

I analysed the bus, the signal levels are close enough to GND and 3.3V. The bus runs perfectly with your “Mini temperature & humidity sensor” alone.

The behaviour seems pretty erratic, sometimes the program runs for hours, sometimes mere seconds.

ALWAYS after a crash the I2C bus is completely blocked (i2cdetect reports no devices at all).

I suspect a timing problem or some similar issue with the ST32 firmware.

Maybe lowering the I2C frequency might be a good idea, but I wouldn’t know where to start.

Could you please give me further advice?

Finally, I seem to have isolated the problem:

the mini temp/humidity sensor (SKU 101020074 ) on the I2C bus seems to be responsible for the trouble.

As soon as it is disconnected, the Base Hat works for hours, otherwise the bus jams after a few minutes (no matter if the sensor is spoken to or not).

As far as I can see the hat and the sensor should be able to co-exist- the address ranges do not overlap.

Could someone help solving this puzzle?

Hi There

I can’t use the device you describe to simulate what you are saying.maybe you should exchange your power supply :lol: