Another firmware for rainbowduino / arduino

I did an “in action” video: vimeo.com/13139475

features:
-multiple rainbowduinos supported
-fullscreen / one fx per screen
-running stable for more than 5h
-takes commands / frames from your workstation

I wrote a quick blog entry which help you getting started with rainbowduino/arduino and my firmware (or any other firmware):

neophob.com/2010/07/rainbowd … nbowduino/

there you also find the link to the sources…

michu,

Thanks for your valuable updating, and that will definitely help others! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

-Icing

I just released v0.1 of my arduino/rainbowduino/processing lib. i fixed some ugly glitches, now it works very stable wihout any errors! Here are the features of fw/lib bundle:

• Send buffer from your workstation to the Rainbowduino
  • Stable, running more than 5h (at 115’200 baud)
  • Fast, more than 50 fps with two Rainbowduinos possible. One frame needs ~100 bytes
  • Multiple Rainbowduinos supported (I2C protocol)
  • Heartbeat, the Arduino tells you each second if he is still alive
  • Processing library availble to mess with Rainbowduinos

code.google.com/p/neorainbowduino/

Just for your information, meanwhile the firmware / processing lib package reached v0.7.

would be nice cool if someone could give me a reply about it!

cheers

hey eikcam1

I own just two rainbowduinos, they run up to 50fps, but I’m interested what you measure with 5 rainbowduinos.

what did not work out when you tried my fw? did you patch the arduino libs? I guess thats the biggest speed improvement, i use one i2c message for an image, if you use an unpatched arduino lib you need 3 messages + tracking overhead.

let me know about your findings…

cheers

Hey guys

I just released a new version of my firmware/processing lib bundle. I rewrote some core parts, the performance is now much better (around 20ms from java to rainbowduino), the processing lib is also improved (send a frame only if its content changed). I added an I2C scanner to the arduino… and much more.

check it out at code.google.com/p/neorainbowduino/

cheers

Thanks for this share. It was helpful for me.Keep up the good work!

Thanks for sharing