Hydraulic Dyno

Good morning, not sure where to post this. I have built a dyno for small engines and it works with a torque gauge, very basic for now. I would like to upgrade it to the point of plugging a laptop into it and being able to graph the horsepower/torque of the motor and save it. I believe there is free software out. So my next adventure would be devising a device with sensors. Nothing major a load cell, a rpm sensor, and a temp sensor, and a weather station deal for the humidity for correction factors. This dyno is hydraulic with a valve to load the motor. I was thinking the arduino nano but not sure on sensors and the user friendliness given my first time on a project like this. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Kevin

Hi,

to make widgets for the UI you can use processing IDE. it’s open and free software . or there are many UI toolkit available in different programme languages.

Hacking Hacking.

Thanks, do you think the nano would be the best for this project?

Hi,

Nano is the same as the UNO, only the form factor is different, The Microcontroller (ATMega328) and the available pin count is the same.

I also use processing IDE.