XIAO ESP32s3 Senses WiFi issues

I am having lots of success with the new XIAO Sense but strangely having issues with WiFi not connecting. I got it working one day (possibly before version 2.0.8) but since have had issues. Anyone else having the same issue? Anyone getting WiFi working and what did you do and which example program did you use. I have even got the webserver camera example working, but now can’t?

Here is the webcamera screenshot of my webpage streaming from the XIAO Sense. The quality is fairly good.

P.S. The webcamera app is really impressive.

@Jer Did you check the antenna cable? There is no inbuilt Antenna and your external antenna must be connected firmly to get Wi-Fi working.

1 Like

Any update on this… my XIAO ESP32S3 sense also is not connecting to wifi… I assumed I was too far away… but now am within meters and no connection… my ESP32C3 connects within seconds

Hi there,
Try a one word SSID " JOESNETWORK" instead of “JOES NETWORK” I believe the space trips up WIFI.h
HTH
GL :slight_smile: PJ

i will try i have three networks
the old one is Gwaltney Net which always worked for the old stuff from forever
i also have Gwaltney-Net-2G and Gwaltney-Net-5G

I am wondering if it has to do with the encription type… but it seems the device is not reacting
I am going to try AP mode next

Hi there,
Just tested the uploaded example I compiled, checked it still doesn’t work with any older BSP than 2.0.8
Reloaded 2.0.8 and it works first try.
https://forum.seeedstudio.com/t/xiao-esp32s3-sense-new-unit-just-arrived-camera-server-aok/273039/5?u=pj_glasso

https://forum.seeedstudio.com/uploads/short-url/cdn7ScgkdR12EMRmQDY6yczXSrl.zip

HTH
GL :slight_smile: PJ

p.s. add your wifi creds.

I uploaded the basic ESP32 AP sketch and could bearly connect to YourAP with my cell phone like within inches of the ESP32S3… and a connection could not be maintained… it appears the XIAO is not outputting a strong signal

The WIFI strength is high for a few seconds and the

I just tried BSP 2.0.13 and it works fine. The trick for me especially when using my laptop HOTSPOT is that I have to set only 2.4 GHz. When I set “Any available” it does not work. I hope this helps someone.

1 Like