"Seeed nRF52 Boards" update to 1.1.3 causes compile error

To avoid copying errors, please try the following steps

1. Install “Adafruit nRF52 1.4.0 by Adafruit”.
    See the following link for instructions
    GitHub - adafruit/Adafruit_nRF52_Arduino: Adafruit code for the Nordic nRF52 BLE SoC on Arduino

2. Unzip the attached ZIP file.
    adafruit_patch_to_add_Seeed_2.zip (992.5 KB)

3. Copy 3 folders and 2 files and overwrite them in the following directory.
    C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\adafruit\hardware\nrf52\1.4.0

This method does not require “Seeed nRF52 Boards 1.1.3”.

will try new rar again, thank you!

how to double reset? will it help program firmware?

Quickly click the reset button twice. If you can successfully “double reset”, a new window will open and the port will be visible in the IDE.

@msfujino, thanks for you tip. I used your zip patch instead of the initial rar one. And it is working. My board is blinking. :rofl:

double tapping reset button brought me to UF2 mode or something, installed driver, uplaodded blink code yay it blinking lol and it changed serial to another unknown driver lol but at least it blinks tnx for help
will try updating driver and see if i can flash again lol

Has anyone got this running in platformio? also any examples that work!

thanks

david

Hi There,
Yes platformio works with Xiao if that’s what your asking. Example are here on the Search Icon. LOTs of them. I use it mostly for debugger but it woks perfectly. Getting the right config(platform.ini) setup correctly is key to a smooth experience. i.e.

HTH
GL :slight_smile:

I just faced this problem as well, downgrading to 1.1.1 works for me. I’ll be using 1.1.1 at least until the fix is there in a higher version.

After upgrade of “Adafruit nRF52” boards to 1.5.0, seeed entries in the Adafruit nRF52 boards, as obtained with the earlier trick, were gone. So, I used again the official way to install it but stand with 1.1.1 version, as done by @parasquid . It is more or less OK. I’m still loosing the board quite often and have to double-click the reset button to find it back.

1 Like

Same here, I wish there would be more activity on fixing it.
Another thing to have would be github issues open. Maybe someone would contribute?

This issue might be related to Cannot run sketch from Arduino IDE - adafruit industries, version 1.1.3 is also few versions behind adafruit branch

There is version 1.1.6, but it installs adafruit-nrfutil as not executable. It would be nice @Seeed_Seraphina, if the GitHub repo would be open to issues. The community could fix some errors.

Hello, Nilgob:

What do you mean by “not executable”? Can you describe in detail

Thank you very much for your feedback. We highly appreciate it and will actively communicate it upwards.

In the path Arduino15/packages/Seeeduino/hardware/nrf52/1.1.6/tools/adafruit-nrfutil

doesn’t have executable permissions. Had to edit chmod +x adafruit-nrfutil