Respeaker 2 MiC hat: Does it support Jetson Nano or is that in the roadmap

Hi Procoller,
Instruction here are obsolete.
We will always update the document in the URL:

And instruction there has been tested, OK on Jetson Nano.

Thank you turmay, Baozhu for your reply…
Let me check my steps/commands.

Hello turmary,
I have followed the steps and it was working. But i noticed some noise in recorded audio’s left channel.
About my setup: Jetson nano B01 i have R32.4.3 or JetPack Image 4.4 and 2mic array is directly connected on 40 pin header.

Things that i have tried,

1. Disconnect AC power adapter and connect with DC battery.
  2. Connect 2mic array with jumper wires to make some distance from jetson.

But nothing worked.

Attached spectrogram of audio file!
2mic-respeaker-sp|690x433

Anyone came across this type of issue?
I am stuck at this stage.
Any help much appreciated.

Hello everyone,

I successfully installed the driver of the Respeaker 2 Mic hat on my Jetson nano board. As long as I am recording in “Signed 32bit:S32_LE” format with the following command, everything seems reasonable:

arecord -D hw:1,0 -f S32_LE -r 16000 -c 1 | aplay -D hw:1,0 -f S32_LE -r 16000 -c 1

However, when I switch from “Signed 32 bit” to “Signed 16 bit:S16_LE”, the mic stops working. Can someone help me with this issue?

Thanks,

@dynamix for Jetson nano only supports 48K . Please try:

arecord -D hw:1,0 -f S32_LE -r 48000 -c 2 | aplay -D hw:1,0 -f S32_LE -r 48000 -c 2

Thanks @Baozhu for your help. The thing is for my application, I need a “16 bit” output instead of the “32 bit” that you are using here.I am wondering if “16 bit” is supported somehow on Jetson nano?

@dynamix works ?
arecord -D plughw:1,0 -f S32_LE -r 16000 -c 1 | aplay -D plughw:1,0 -f S32_LE -r 16000 -c 1

1 Like

Thanks again, my problem solved by creating “.asoundrc” file and configured it to use the correct mic.

1 Like

I have been unable to get ReSpeaker Mic Array 2.0 working plug and play with Jetson Nano A02. As soon as I plug it in, I do not see any changes in lsusb and no new cards in /proc/asound/cards … Can anyone help me with what I may be doing wrong?