Post your wishlist of DSO firmware mutant

My recuest is this. Im working in my thesis taking lightnig data with an antena and I have to watch the oscope every time that I see a lightning to capture the data.

Is there any way to put the DSOnano in a mode (scan mode like) to automatically empty the buffer every time it gets full and append that data to the end of a certain FILExxx.XML? it would be helpfull if the file auto001.xml have a fixed size and once it reach that size automatically the software creates auto002.xml and it start to append the data to that file. maybe 10Mb.

a jpeg viewer. them we can carry schematic circuits in .jpg format inside SD card.

with a little modification in hardware, we can measure continuity or even resitance. how?

write me. i have the answer…i guess!!!

I fully agree with Wacecs request to prolong the timebase to at least 1000 sec/div for use as a chart recording device. For instance for weather data recording.

- Would be grate to have Other signal types in signal-generator (sine-wave,saw, etc.).

• As well as Timed Automatic data capture (data-logging<XML) in specified intervals, or on signal change. (every 1/5/10/30/mins || 4khz@5v goes to 2khz@2v )

• Wave Ghosting(non permanent hold) to work as reference to previous condition of a signal. With variable timing ~ (10ms-5s update interval)

• And it would be really great if there was a possibility to Record(from probe) and then Transmit(with generator || play file) acquired signal.(in reasonable limits).

Il be waiting for those features with impatience . Thanks

Yes such a data graph logger.

The DSO nano could be a perfect tool for every Laser Power Meter with 1mV=1mW output. There are enough laser geeks like me who would use it to make a graph of the output without the need to buy expencive hardware and software to connect their LPM´s to their PC´s.

My wishlist

• Pass-through over USB in SUMP compatible (similar to Open workbench Logic Sniffer) or USBEE compatible format.

The sump format seems quite straightforward:

the protocol can be found here and an implementation using an Arduino as client can be found here.
  • Logic analyzer
  • Scope mode

… but as it is, it is already a pretty cool device. :slight_smile:

@ESP: Out of interest, are there still/already active developers of the DSO Nano firmware? If I look at the Git repository http://gitorious.org/dsonano/dso-firmware, the last update was on 14 Feb 2011, just around the time that BenF posted his 3.64 firmware. Do you know how much time the Seeeduino staff will be able to spend on this, or if BenF will help development.

I think the DSO Nano is a fantastic device with enormous value for money, and I hope there will be manpower enough to make it even more amazing.

FFT would be a big plus!

Considering it is a feature of almost every digital scope out there, I think it would be great to have a full auto option, that would guess at a best fit V/div and T/div for whatever is currently in the buffer.

Since there is already an FFT proof-of-concept out there, that would be cool too, although you would probably want a completely different set of menus for the FFT as the scope menu is already crowded.

It sounds really good, too wonderful!

trying to replace my dso with the newer ds211, wonder if there is any custom firmware out there that does fft