How to use "Seeed nRF52 mbed-enable Boards"?

I want to use “Seeed nRF52 mbed-enable Boards”, but it can’t compile my sketch using this board setting both version 2.7.2 and 2.6.1.

The error is

Error resolving FQBN: getting build properties for board Seeeduino:mbed:xiaonRF52840Sense: invalid option ‘softdevice’

Compilation error: Error resolving FQBN: getting build properties for board Seeeduino:mbed:xiaonRF52840Sense: invalid option ‘softdevice’

Some other topics, I see this problem, but I can’t found how to solve this problem.
Does anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I would like to compile using ArduinoIDE2.0.0, but I am having the same trouble. ArduinoIDE1.8.19 does not cause any problems, so I will use this for the time being.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your information.
I can compile with Arduino IDE 1.8.19.
I will use this version until fixing this problem with Arduino IDE 2.

Please give me some time and I will test to confirm if there is such an issue. I will post any new information here.

Me too…
the not “Sense” version seems to compile however…

I am using Arduino IDE 2.0, have selected the Seeed nRF52 mbed-enable Boards and am using the Blink program, the compilation is passing and I am not having the problems you are having, is there any more information to help me identify the problem?

The situation varies depending on the board I select.

1. Seeed nRF52 mbed-enabled Boards/Seeed XIAO BLE - nRF52840
    Compilation completes but upload fails and the following is displayed.
Property 'upload.tool.serial' is undefine 
  1. Seeed nRF52 mbed-enabled Boards/Seeed XIAO BLE Sense - nRF52840
    It does not even compile and the following is displayed.
Error resolving FQBN: getting build properties for board Seeeduino:mbed:xiaonRF52840Sense: invalid option 'softdevice'

Compilation error: Error resolving FQBN: getting build properties for board Seeeduino:mbed:xiaonRF52840Sense: invalid option 'softdevice' 

IF I may ,
It’s a well reported problem with the compile and upload, YOU must select the BOARD and PORT each time. Watch the status bar at the bottom of the screen you will see when it’s connected. I have a video link on here demonstrating it. and the proper work flow.

HTH
GL :-p

Thanks for the info.
I check it every time before compiling, but it doesn’t work in my environment!

I found that the problem of not being able to upload to “Seeed XIAO BLE - nRF52840” can be solved with the following link “POST#12”.

In my environment, @msfujino 's first problem has already been solved.
The second FQBN error only happens when the board selection is “Seeed XIAO BLE Sense - nRF52840” (mbed).
Would you reproduce this situation in @Citric 's environment?

Thank you, we have reviewed the issue and reported it to R&D, we will update here as soon as we have any new information. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Please refer to the links below for the solutions to these two cases.