Grove 1.2-inch IPS Display v1.0

Yes, Needs the reset button about 2 times and sometimes a power cycle, Idunno Y?
:v:

yes i noticed that too… I am starting to realize 2 wire spi is no good… that is the reason i said we need a grove spi connector… I was thinking of 2 connectors one that is 4 wires, Mosi, Miso, clock and ground

and one that is CS DA RST and vcc… or something… i dont know…

i actually think if you haulted the draw before power off, it would reboot fine, because i think it stops in the middle of a process that the screen doesnot know is abandoned, i guess the reason you need a live reset pin…

Hi there,
Yes the older lib and some displays require it.
All of it is Moot IMO, The E-ink is way nicer and uses NO power.
So the MCU can be asleep and the display is still present. drawing ZERO power.
Now that’s NEW! and NICE!
I’m working on a demo of it, out soon.
GL :slight_smile: PJ :v:

let me know… I got an e-ink XIAO kit… I got the demo to work… but i only really understand HPgl2… I mean u8G2… I really like that code, its well documented for my old dog mind… i think you can do some e-ink with it, he started but said he was going to leave elink to the others send any study guide links you have

Here is the short of the E-paper I’m using. Just the same as others.
Hilarious to see it still displaying the Values and It’s OFF! LOL :slight_smile:

GL :slight_smile: PJ
:v:

The idea is it updates when you approach or pick it up. then sleeps again.

You know how it works, basicly it uses capacitive cells, kinda like SSD or SD card, the change in polarity causes a bubble of ink to float to the surface or sink to the back… so the only way to clear is to remove the residual static… i wonder what a nediodium magent would do to it…