GC9A01 and Xiaio esp32

there is one more, perhaps important issue… because my module is not integrated with the screen

nice connectors… Thats what i was saying… Grove should make a SPI standard connector

PS he trying to see if you got bad soulder joint or obvious miswiring so send more pics at different angles… Of the circuit board… not D pics

DUDE… please do us a favor and just buy some XIAO Gear

Its on sale

There may be a problem here, because this is not the target display… I want to use this screen for the gear knob, which is not in the grove version

but it works on the same libraries :slight_smile:

I’m looking for a solution in the gc9a01 display, because if this one works, the second one in the photo will work too. as I wrote, there is no problem on esp8266, the devkit also works on Esp32. only on seeeduion there is a problem, and I need this controller because it is tiny and will be placed inside the gear knob😇

i understand… get one for prototyping…

1 Like

Yes Sir. this is the first prototype (gc9a01 screen) on which it is based because there are most tutorials for it… and the target screen works on the same principle :slight_smile:

I told seeed to make one with the knob… but they said just use the touch screen…

HI there,
So Alpha is the first release from Espressif for ESP32 series for compatibility with there own IDE
That BSP Alpha 3.0.X breaks the older demos and examples. If your compiler output above is still showing that it’s using the WRONG BSP, and with using an older version of Arduino IDE which you are the alpha BSP’s will definitely not work for this. that’s why you get the compile error.

Looking at the picture and the pinouts, you should NOT use D0 if you can avoid that it’s a strapping pin for MCU also I don’t see in the code where you Set the pins for CS,DC, etc.
You should have something like

#define cs 2 //DO or GPIO2
#define dc 3 //D1 or GPIO3
#define rst 4 //D2 or GPIO4
also they need to be set as outputs in the code as well with a pins statement.
and in your TFT init should be like this:
TFT TFTscreen = TFT(cs, dc, rst); // So the LIB knows which pins your using , I don’t see that in your code.

Load another example like the StarField one. Look at that code and fix yours.
I don’t see any serial output from running the read _user _setup Diagnostic, to indicate what the LIB is set for. You see the screen I posted of it. You should get the same thing if its configured and wired correctly.

Use the compiler output to determine if it’s loading the correct BSP (first 3 lines) and the correct lib versions (last 20 lines) just look through them it should match What I posted. Start with that.
Before anything.
It may be your older IDE doesn’t work with the Xiao ESP32C3 why not use version 2.X of the IDE are you on a linux or mac?
Is this a Windows 10 Dev environment?

Starge when the code compiles and NO display could be your just missing the defines for the CS,DC,RST, etc. I would add those asap. to cover all the bases.
HTH
GL :slight_smile: PJ
:v:
You get it stay with it and work it through one issue at a time , don’t move forward until you get the output you need to have, It does work with that screen, only your pins are not initialized in the code. so fix that.

EVERYTHING WORKS!!. It was just as you wrote! the problem was the BSP version.

Everything works on version 2.0.11​:innocent:… The problem was that in the esp32/hardware folder there were two versions 2.0.11 and 3.0.0-alfa3. I don’t know why Arduino chose the second version. But I deleted it from the folder and it worked​:innocent::innocent: Thank you very much again for your help :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Hi there,
Nice!! :grin: :+1:! Good job , looks pretty sweet…
GL :slight_smile: PJ
:v:

1 Like

This is just the beginning​:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: Now I will think about how to send gifs from my phone to xiaio​:joy:… But once again, thank you all for your help :innocent:

1 Like