Fan and heat sink for x86j4105 800

I am getting the 800 model - without the eMMC, not the 864 model with eMMC. This model also seems to have no heatsink or fan as far as I can tell.

It seems no-one buys this model, and there are no tutorials or articles about what fan to buy and what heat sink works. Any celeron fan?
Thanks

Hi @clexp
Sorry for there isn’t a supporting fan for X86k4105800 on our website.
You can use the raspberry pi heat sink kit, but the effect is not so good.
Or you can but a fan that compatible with the Fan Port (4 pin 1.25mm PWM 5V behind the board.

Ah thanks for the quick reply and the photo is really helpful.

Looking back at the purchasing sites, I can see you do get a heat sink now. Yes I did see there are a few articles about the right type of fan connection. I think I can probably manage that. Anyone know of any articles anywhere about using the arduino headers to run a separate flat thermionic join/thermister between the proc and the heat sink and to use that to drive a fan? I don’t expect the bios will do this so the fan may need to be off in the bios?

Looks like you have gone case free. I did not realy want to send £25 on a case, not that much less than my tower case. For now I will probably use some 20mm standoffs on something non-conductive. Is 20 mm sufficient to clear the mountings for cables? I can’t find any size data the does height.

Hi,

I bought a x86j4105 800, my DIY cooling system look like so, efficient and absolute no noise, this summer the device was around 40 °C, without fan around 60 °C

1 Like

Hi @clexp
Sorry for I can’t find articles anywhere about using the Arduino headers to run a separate flat thermionic join/thermister between the proc and the heat sink and to use that to drive a fan.
The highest on X86 is the HDMI1 interface, about 15mm. So I think using 200mm standoffs should be enough. Thanks to @nl.smart recommend a very cool fan for us.

@nl.smart I personally did some modifications to the case bottom lid in order to be able to attach a 92mm Noctua cooler fan firmly with a fan grill.

1 Like

The built-in fan is broken after 2-3 weeks of usage.

Think twice before getting the one with the fan. While, the one without the fan is too hot to run continuously.

1 Like