A little treat for the Odyssey

Hello All,

i have just received my Odyssey case, and i can tell that it is the best case i have ever dealt with so far (i have many SBCs and many cases)

so i thought that this case deserves a little treat, the Odyssey board has a built in Microcontroller, so i installed Ubuntu then installed Arduino IDE following the instructions from Seeed.

i tested the setup using an empty sketch and all went quite well.

then i added WS2812B leds to the back of the lid of the case, then connected +5V and GND to the respective pins and the data pin went to D6.

using Adafruit NeoPixle and WS2812FX libraries, the 1 hour project came to life.

Hope this helps!

3 Likes

this is how it looks like behind the lid.

3 Likes

Congratulation, nice job, thanks for the explanations.

1 Like

Looks cool :ok_hand: @moutaz_salem

1 Like

:muscle: :muscle: :muscle: :muscle: :muscle: :muscle: :muscle: :muscle: :muscle: :muscle:

1 Like

Looks so cool~ could you send a twitter for this project so that Seeed’s twitter account could retwitter it.

1 Like

Very cool, I think you may also like this: #New Product Idea# Full color re_computer LED Matrix

3 Likes

looks great! i’d use that to display vital readings like CPU temp and memory usage but that would raise a question on the proper way to communicate between the hosting os and the micro-controller, may be through serial?

The LED matrix connects to the X86 board with the 28Pin on the top right corner. Yes you might get the data you need through serial.

2 Likes