Running source test code for GBT24LTR11 on arduino ide

I have tried to compile the demo code from your site on arduino ide but it come up with an error and I would like to find a solution to it. I bought the product GBT24LTR11 to run on your xiao exspansion board platform but the compiler hits a 'error no matching function for call to ‘GBT24LTR11::init(Serial_&)’ can you offer a solution to this problem. Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you.

hi @jpj1623,

unfortunately the wiki at http ://wiki.seeedstudio.com/Grove-Doppler-Radar/#resources references the version 1.0.0 of the library (which had the typo “GBT” instead of “BGT” like the sensor is really called).

So i suggest to use the latest release (or main branch if you want) from GitHub: Releases · Seeed-Studio/Seeed_Arduino_DopplerRadar · GitHub

Furthermore for ESP based systems, SoftwareSerial was not possible, which is addressed with this PR: Also allow SoftwareSerial for ESP based devices (ESP8266, ESP32) by x29a · Pull Request #6 · Seeed-Studio/Seeed_Arduino_DopplerRadar · GitHub - this generated a similar error like you described, so this might be a hint.

The question now is, which microcontroller are you using in your XIAO Expansion board?

Also, was there an error about a missing #include before that error?

Showing your code and the complete compiler output might be helpful.

BR