DSOQuadV2.6 RESOURCE(Update 2012/04/12)

1. Both analog channels probes (x1) was eathed. Probe earthing crocodile to probe tip.
  2. Automatic calibration sequence was started with “stop” button (2 s).
  3. Sequence was completed and all levels achieved Zero.
  4. All asked volts was added to each level and fine tuned to same as digital volt meter reading.
  5. Calibration saved as asked (“Press “stop” to confirm the re-calibration CH-A”)

two points are not clear.

photo with the correct calibration
IMAG0206.jpg

and more, 8 bits = 255 values.
10v/div *8div = 80V
accuracy 80/255 = 0.3V
(without ofset)

WTF!

Is this 150 bucks oscilloscope or what!! At least quad was sold to me as an revolutionary oscilloscope. I was waiting some more than this!

I apologies my thoughts…

Please. answer my offset problem!

I apologize but I do not understand the language (I use google translator). So it is normal to see 0.2 to 0.3 volts in the absence of signal with the probe grounded?

I agree with chip. The published calibration procedure does not agree with the results shown on the screen. :confused:

It is difficult to tell if the calibration is stored successfully or is complete.

Being a great engineer with good language skills is a rare combination.

You need to get a document writer with good English skills to review the docs. How about publishing a YouTube video on V2.6 calibration?

I downloaded the update FPGA_V2.5
I read in the manual which is not recommended to do this update.
What is it?
It should do so or to avoid?
thanks

I very much doubt that this is a limitation, my friend’s DSO nano v2 measures exactly 0V when the probe is grounded. According to him he has never calibrated it.

Thanks for the reply, I did the calibration several times, successfully, saving the parameters, I’m writing a manual in Italian (14 A4 pages!) of this oscilloscope and I can say to use it well.
The lowest flow rates (and not on the 10V/div) do not give 0.00V with the probe grounded. However, I still repeat the calibration.
Tnx

PS: The official manual v.0.92b explains that the internal generator can provide a square wave with adjustable duty cycle, but I do not find it anywhere this duty cycle regulation.

and it is possible
youtube.com/user/DSO203?feature=mhee
IMAG001.GIF
IMAG000.GIF

Whether it is possible to make function Autosetup on this oscilloscope?

goliath11, did you already found a solution for this calibration problem?

I think I found! I updated my quad few times with older versions and nothing helps until I updated wit APP v2.51 and voila! Accurasy is around 5% (10V/div: vrms = 0, vdc = 0, vmin = 0, vmax = 400mV) which can be accepted for my applications.

Please, let us know if you manage to update and discard the problem.

I tried that package (standard procedure, POWERON+KEY1, copy chipSYS_B151.hex, wait .rdy, restart, copy chipAPP_B253.hex, wait .rdy, restart), but i cannot see any upgrade (i.e.: no XY mode and still the slow refresh with timescale >1ms); at startup i see “SYS chip V1.51” and “APP Ver 2.50” (i expected 2.53).

Any idea?

Rename:
chipSYS_B151.hex > SYS_B151.hex,
chipAPP_B253.hex > APP_B253.hex.

Thanks a lot!

I just tried to upgrade my DSO quad with the contents of the latest pack.rar (SYS_B151.hex, APP_B253.hex), but it seems something went wrong :frowning:

Powering on the device, I only see an all-white screen no beep, there it hangs.

My Linux’s USB stack fails to (completely) recognize the device, too:

[2476525.688058] usb 1-2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 58 [2476525.812033] usb 1-2: device descriptor read/64, error -71 [2476526.040029] usb 1-2: device descriptor read/64, error -71 [2476526.256025] usb 1-2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 59 [2476526.380046] usb 1-2: device descriptor read/64, error -71 [2476526.609042] usb 1-2: device descriptor read/64, error -71 [2476526.824542] usb 1-2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 60 [2476527.232018] usb 1-2: device not accepting address 60, error -71 [2476527.344030] usb 1-2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 61 [2476527.752018] usb 1-2: device not accepting address 61, error -71 [2476527.752042] hub 1-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 2

That is, it seems I cannot downgrade/upgrade to any useable state? Starting at this point, what are fall-back strategies to install the firmware? Directly write them to the flash chip? It would be really nice to un-brick this little guy. I only owned it for some days, but it really prooved to be a helpful tool…

(EDIT) The “Device Firmware Upgrade V3.10” still seems to work. In the meantime, I also tried to copy the firmware using the mtools suite, but didn’t have success with it. (Still the same white screen when switching it on without pressing the start/pause button.) Hopefully, somebody has a good hint for me. (And once I actually understand what went wrong, I’ll update the wiki’s Quad firmware update page.)

(EDIT #2) I again uploaded sys-1.50 and app-2.51 (from the GIT repo) to the device using mtools. The initial screen displaying all the version numbers is somewhat garbled (will take a picture of it after having had some sleep), but the application at least seems to start. But due to the garbled initial screen, I guess parts of it are possibly still overwritten. When starting up normally (without pressing the run/pause button), the USB disk emulation still doesn’t work (as printed above.)

Dear Chip.
Please share the source code.
Soon I get my DSO Quad, and would like to join the development process.

may be replaced or upgrade STM32F1xx to STM32F2xx or STM32F4xx, last chip include DSP instruction and faster any math function or like use for FFT.
Please add shifting XPOS in mode FNORM, FSCAN, FAUTO in to all window(screen)
mode FNORM, FSCAN, FAUTO is wery cool , i like his devices. i dont then can use his osciloscope without them FNORM, FSCAN, FAUTO.
FNORM, FSCAN, FAUTO is wery wery cool option.
i happy then use his update.
thanks then your works. i have a heps you then testing or upgrating, then i dont know DSP

CPU speed is sufficient for the spectrum, and for more.

The only problem of this device is a fifo buffer. There is no time to alter FPGA 2.5

Does this mean that FFT will not be available at all?

I disabled the fft in the free version, it works without problems.
buffer creates problems with the work in such modes as FAUTO.
IMAG003.jpg