CAN Bus shield 2.0 OBD Jumpers

Hi everyone,

I tried to change the obd-connections to the right pad. Soldered mid to right pad in line 1-4 and cut the left one in line 1-3. Now it looks like CAN high and are shorted and i cant get any working connection, what did I do wrong? When I attach the CAN-Bus manually with the two “stuck-in-connectors” it works perfectly.

In the tutorial there is quite little information for this step.

Thanks a lot,

Alex

Hi Alex~

You can connect the DB9 default to OBDII directly without cutting the pads and soldering to right pads. If you solder to right pads, please make sure the OBDII singals also swaps, or else, both DB9 CANH and CANL signals will be connected to OBDII GND singal. thanks.

Hey bill.yu,

thanks for you answer. I want to use the build in connector, so I have change to can-open with the jumpers, I guess?

thing is, I kinda tried all combinations, I cant get CAN-H and CAN-L connected to Pin 2 and Pin 6.

Imagine the X are the pads and — means soldered, -/- means cut and -o- means normal without any change.

I tried the following, how I understood from the tutorial and schematics:

X-o-X—X

X-o-X—X

X-o-X—X

X-o-X-o-X

X-/-X—X

X-/-X—X

X-/-X—X

X-o-X-o-X & X—X---X & X—X-o-X

I am using my multimeter to measure direct connection from the MCP 2551 Pins 6/7 (for can h/l like its stated in the schematics) to the Interface-connector.

Do I have a general misunderstanding?

Thanks a lot,

Alex

It actually looks like on the new shield, that there are no wires to cut. The layout looks exactly the same, but the pads dont seem to be connected… really weird

Hi Alex~

You do not need to cut the pads, you just need to connect the ODBII and DB9 directly. thanks.

Are you using your CAN BUS shield as an ECU simulator?

Once connected where you able to read codes from the CAN-BUS Shield on your OBD11 reader device using the logic below?

<LINK_TEXT text=“https://github.com/AppSaloon/ecu-can-bu … cu-sim.ino”>https://github.com/AppSaloon/ecu-can-bus-simulator/blob/master/Seeedlib-ecu-sim/Seeedlib-ecu-sim.ino</LINK_TEXT>

Hey guys, thanks for your answers.

@ice.durant7: I am not using it as a simulator. I want to connect with a car / cable with the DB9-Config. Since the default Pads are OBD2 it is not working right now.

@bill.yu: I want to put the arduino in a case and therefore use the build in connector / jack. I dont want to build in another jack.

Is there no chance? I thought ne pads are supposed to change the pin configuration on the connector?

Thanks a lot, greets,

Alex