Seeeduino Lorawan

Hello guys,
I am having great difficulty connecting this Seeeduino to a Windows 10 PC.
I have tried various instructions from the Seeed Wiki. I have manually added the driver and nothing is working.

I am hoping you may be able to engage somebody to help me? I am reading forums and it doesn’t look particularly good, there are a number of people experiencing the same issue. thanks.

Hi there,

What is detail issue? Please provide the device manager picture to us.

If your COM port does not display on device manager, Please double press the rst button.

Thanks

best rgds
Bill

Hello Seeed support team,

I am really hoping you may be able to assist me. I am very excited about what we may be able to achieve with this device however I’m having problems with OTAA.

The device works fine in ABP mode. I am trying to connect it to TTN and for obvious reasons I need it to work in OTAA mode.

The below sketch will generate a Join request on my TTN application and TTN is sending a Join Accept back which the Seeeduino does not receive.

We are using AS923 Frequency plan. I have tried adjusting different parameters i.e. ABP etc. Is there any advice you can give me here?

There is the potential for us to use thousands of these devices in the residential and mining communities we currently supply internet services to. My boss wants to go with an out of the box solution, help me get this working so that I can prove to him this will be the better way to go.

[cid:image001.png@01D4EBA4.D0C28580]

Seeeduino Lorawan Sketch

#include

unsigned char data[10] = {1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0xA,};

char buffer[256];

void setup(void)

{

SerialUSB.begin(115200);

while(!SerialUSB);

lora.init();

memset(buffer, 0, 256);

lora.getVersion(buffer, 256, 1);

SerialUSB.print(buffer);

memset(buffer, 0, 256);

lora.getId(buffer, 256, 1);

SerialUSB.print(buffer);

// void setId(DevAddr, DevEUI, AppEUI);

lora.setId(NULL, “47DB558000300027”, “70B3D57ED001A447”);

// setKey(NwkSKey, AppSKey, AppKey);

lora.setKey(NULL, NULL, “047839001E5D3E0B63188CB063B93383”);

lora.setDeciveMode(LWOTAA);

lora.setDataRate(DR2, AS923);

lora.setChannel(0, 916.8);

lora.setChannel(1, 917.0);

lora.setChannel(2, 917.2);

lora.setChannel(3, 917.4);

lora.setReceiceWindowFirst(0, 923.3);

lora.setReceiceWindowSecond(923.9, DR0);

// lora.setDutyCycle(true);

// lora.setJoinDutyCycle(true);

// lora.setAdaptiveDataRate(true);

lora.setPower(10);

while(!lora.setOTAAJoin(JOIN));

}

void loop(void)

{

bool result = false;

result = lora.transferPacket(“Hello World!”, 10);

//result = lora.transferPacket(data, 10, 10);

if(result)

{

short length;

short rssi;

memset(buffer, 0, 256);

length = lora.receivePacket(buffer, 256, &rssi);

if(length)

{

SerialUSB.print("Length is: ");

SerialUSB.println(length);

SerialUSB.print("RSSI is: ");

SerialUSB.println(rssi);

SerialUSB.print("Data is: ");

for(unsigned char i = 0; i

Hi Robert,

Please try below example and configure to your

AS923. Please let us know if you do not get it work.

https://github.com/brady-aiello/Seeeduino_LoRaWAN_for_hybrid_gateways

Thanks

best rgds
Bill

Hi Bill,

I really appreciate your help. I had it wrong AS923 was the wrong frequency plan.

I have it working perfectly using AU915.

Hi Bill,

I am wondering if you are aware of any way to monitor battery voltage on the Seeeduino Lorawan without having to connect an extra jumper from positive on battery to the A4 and A5 pins?

I found a library which would appear to run on the Arduino Uno but is evidently not compatible with the Seeeduino.

https://github.com/Yveaux/Arduino_Vcc

I have my project almost fully operational the only hurdle now is finding a cost-effective battery monitoring solution. The voltage measurement does not have to be exact, I want to send a lora payload when the battery is nearly flat.

Hi

Robert

You do not need to plug any wires to A4/A5. It is connected by default.

Charge status pin and positive pin of the battery had been connect to A4 and A5, which allow you to detect the charge status and measure voltage of the battery via coding.

Copy and upload the below code to detect the battery status.

// battey of Seeeduino LoRaWAN

const int pin_battery_status = A5<span style=“box-sizing: inherit;”
const int pin_battery_voltage = A4<span style=“box-sizing: inherit;”

void setup() {
SerialUSB.begin(115200);
pinMode(pin_battery_status, INPUT);
}

void loop() {

<span style="box-sizing: inherit; color: rgb(62, 97, 162);">int</span> <span style="box-sizing: inherit;">a</span> <span style="box-sizing: inherit; color: inherit;">=</span> <span style="box-sizing: inherit;">analogRead</span><span style="box-sizing: inherit;">(</span><span style="box-sizing: inherit;">pin_battery_voltage</span><span style="box-sizing: inherit;">);</span>
<span style="box-sizing: inherit; color: rgb(62, 97, 162);">float</span> <span style="box-sizing: inherit;">v</span> <span style="box-sizing: inherit; color: inherit;">=</span> <span style="box-sizing: inherit;">a</span><span style="box-sizing: inherit; color: inherit;">/</span><span style="box-sizing: inherit; color: rgb(231, 76, 60);">1023.0</span><span style="box-sizing: inherit; color: inherit;">*</span><span style="box-sizing: inherit; color: rgb(231, 76, 60);">3.3</span><span style="box-sizing: inherit; color: inherit;">*</span><span style="box-sizing: inherit; color: rgb(231, 76, 60);">11.0</span><span style="box-sizing: inherit;" </span>        <span style="box-sizing: inherit; color: rgb(153, 153, 153);">// there's an 1M and 100k resistor divider</span>
<span style="box-sizing: inherit;">SerialUSB</span><span style="box-sizing: inherit;">.</span><span style="box-sizing: inherit;">print</span><span style="box-sizing: inherit;">(</span><span style="box-sizing: inherit;">v</span><span style="box-sizing: inherit;">,</span> <span style="box-sizing: inherit; color: rgb(231, 76, 60);">2</span><span style="box-sizing: inherit;">);</span>
<span style="box-sizing: inherit;">SerialUSB</span><span style="box-sizing: inherit;">.</span><span style="box-sizing: inherit;">print</span><span style="box-sizing: inherit;">(</span><span style="box-sizing: inherit; color: rgb(13, 144, 79);">'	'</span><span style="box-sizing: inherit;">);</span>
<span style="box-sizing: inherit;">SerialUSB</span><span style="box-sizing: inherit;">.</span><span style="box-sizing: inherit;">println</span><span style="box-sizing: inherit;">(</span><span style="box-sizing: inherit;">digitalRead</span><span style="box-sizing: inherit;">(</span><span style="box-sizing: inherit;">pin_battery_status</span><span style="box-sizing: inherit;">));</span>

<span style="box-sizing: inherit;">delay</span><span style="box-sizing: inherit;">(</span><span style="box-sizing: inherit; color: rgb(231, 76, 60);">1000</span><span style="box-sizing: inherit;">);</span>

}

Thanks

best rgds
Bill

Hi,

I am running the below code to check battery status and am getting unexpected.

I have purchased 2 more Seeeduino Lorawan boards and they are giving the same results.

I am using a data only usb cable. I have tried 14505 and 17505 batteries connected using the JST2 connector supplied with the Seeeduino. The voltage is calculated at ~0.28V

When I connect to the device using a data+power usb cable as well as the battery, I am getting results, the voltage is 4.3V

This is the output on my serial monitor with battery connected and USB data only

Can you please assist me here? This is the last part of my project I need to get functional before I can demo it to my boss and we can talk about pushing these devices out (potentially hundreds of them).

[cid:image003.png@01D52DB8.1A8FC600]Hi,

// battey of Seeeduino LoRaWAN

const int pin_battery_status = A5;

const int pin_battery_voltage = A4;

void setup() {

SerialUSB.begin(115200);

pinMode(pin_battery_status, INPUT);

}

void loop() {

delay(1000);

int a = analogRead(pin_battery_voltage);

float v = a/1023.03.311.0; // there’s an 1M and 100k resistor divider

SerialUSB.print(v, 2);

SerialUSB.print(’ ');

SerialUSB.println(digitalRead(pin_battery_status));

delay(1000);

}

Hi Robert

I just use the 3.7v lipo battery and test with code. It works and here is the reading. Please ask customer to take picture about his battery connection with seeeduino lorawan board. thanks.

Thanks

best rgds
Bill

I can get that same result IF I connect a USB cable that that is data + power (VCC wire).

If I connect a USB cable that is Data ONLY (no VCC wire) so the battery is the only thing powering the seeeduino via the JST port , I get the 0.28V reading.

I want to program the seeeduino to send lorawan payload if the battery voltage drops which means there will be no USB connected.

Hi

Robert ~

If there is no 5V, then the VIN will be 0V. It can not open the MOS Q4. So there is NO reading from A4_PA05_AIN5/VBAT.

If you want to read it with 5V power supply, you have to short the R56 which is NDP(NO not place this moment).

Thanks

best rgds
Bill

If you want to read it without 5V power supply, you have to short the R56 which is NDP(NO not place this moment).

Thanks

best rgds
Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks for getting back to me, is there another way I can achieve this? Can I run an extra wire from the battery?

Hi

Robert

Yes, You can.

Thanks

best rgds
Bill

Do I just run this wire to the A4 pin on the Seeed?

Is there another pin out on the Seeeduino I could jumper to A4? I am trying to avoid having to connect / solder a wire from the battery.

Hi

Robert You can use the A4, you can NOT use other analog pins, as they only support 3.3v as max. But the battery is around 3.7V~4.2V. The A4 have a voltage inside of the circuit. So it can support higher voltage. thanks.

Hi there~

If you want to read it with 5V power supply, you have to short the R56 which is NDP(NO not place this moment).

I mark the R56 in yellow. thanks.

Thanks

best rgds
Bill