I have a Grove Base Shield and it seems that it does not work with Arduino Mega and it works for Arduino Uno (it says it is compatible to Arduino Mega)

I have a Grove Base Shield and it seems that it does not work with Arduino Mega and it works for Arduino Uno (it says it is compatible to Arduino Mega)

HI there~

We tested it and it works with mega. Please let us know more detail info about the issue. Which sensor do you connect? Appreciate if you could take a picture about the hardware setup.

Thanks

best rgds
Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks a lot for your quick response! I connected the base shield v2 to Arduino mega. Then I connected a Grove GPS v1.2 (Sim28) to the base shield using D2. There is no GPS reading. If I use Arduino Uno, then there is GPS reading. That is why I said that it seems this base shield is not compatible with Arduino mega. Is there something I am missing?
Best regards,

Jian

Hi Jian

You use the software serial for the grove gps. Not all pins on the Mega and Mega 2560 support change interrupts, so only the following can be used for RX: 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 50, 51, 52, 53, A8 (62), A9 (63), A10 (64), A11 (65), A12 (66), A13 (67), A14 (68), A15 (69). All of the signals are not routed to base shield. But the base shield supports analog/digital/uart/i2c as well.

https://www.arduino.cc/en/Reference/SoftwareSerial

As work around solution, You can modify the code to use the hardware UART directly.

Thanks

best rgds
Bill

Hi Bill,

Thank you very much for the detailed response.

The UART was used for communicating with pc. Do you think if it is possible to use the Grove gps by coonecting to pin 13 and 14 of mega while using the base shield for other sensors?
Best regards,

Jian

Hi Bill,

Sorry to write to you again. You said that I can use the UART socket in the base shield? What pins are used for this socket then? Is it 0 and 1? Thanks a lot!
Kind regards,

Jian

Hi

Jian

Yes, it is 0 and 1.

Thanks

best rgds
Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks a lot for your quick and professional help!
Best regards,

Jian