ReSpeaker Core v2 does not boot at all

Hi,

I just received my ReSpeaker Core v2 board.

I followed instruction from the Wiki to boot from SD (and to boot from eMMC) but it does not work at all. For preparing SD cards I tried with Etcher on Windows 10 but also with “dd” on Linux.

Basically when I power the board (with a SD card, prepared, or without) the result is always the same :
[list]

• Only the Power green light is On and steady
  • [/list]
    [list]
  • On the back all (but one ; one is burned?) ring leds are steady Red
  • [/list]
    [list]
  • No activity on USR1 &USR2 LEDs ; They are Off.
  • [/list]
    [list]
  • When I connect (via OTG port with a OTG cable) the board on a Windows 10 laptop the rockship device is detected (I installed the rockship driver from rockship assistant SW) ; but no virtual com is created (looks normal as the system does not boot)
  • [/list]

To go further, I added the 3 pins for the Serial port and I used my USB to TTL adapter (3.3v) and used Putty to connect.

While my board is connected to my Windows 10 laptop (via the USB to TTL) adapter and Putty is connected to the right COM port, I powered the board (by using the Power in usb port). Result : Nothing appears on the Putty screen. No booloader, no prompt, nothing.

I tried everything I had in mid for booting this board.

Did I get a faulty board ?

Can you help to boot it please ?

Hi there,

which firmware do you use? is it respeaker-Debian -9- lxqt-SD-20180801-4gb.img.xz? If you use the right firmware and there is no serial output from rx/tx, it shall be hardware issue. please take a video about the issue and drop mail to techsupport@seeed.cc. we can get a replacement for you. thanks.

<LINK_TEXT text=“https://v2.fangcloud.com/share/7395fd13 … 14&lang=en”>https://v2.fangcloud.com/share/7395fd138a1cab496fd4792fe5?folder_id=188000311814&lang=en</LINK_TEXT>

I have the exact same problem. I tried multiple cards (8, 16 and 64 GB) with the image:

respeaker-debian-9-lxqt-sd-20180801-4gb.img.xz

but they are not working.

Solid 7 red leds on, no user leds blinking.

I bought this in amazon, should I get a refund from them?

Hi there ~

1. Please plug the HDMI cable to display and then plug the usb power to see if any info on display.
    2. If it does not work, you can download the image and sha256sum file to verify if the download image is damaged.
    3. Please drop us mail techsupport@seeed.cc if both of them does not work. thanks.

Did anyone figure this out? I just got around to trying my board and have the exact same issue. I’ve burned respeaker-debian-9-lxqt-sd-20180801-4gb.img to multiple SD cards. With no HDMI attached, when the board gets power, the red lights come on then go off, the green power light stays on, but user lights never come on, and serial port never shows up on other linux machine. When I try the same with HDMI hooked up, red lights stay on forever, montitor never gets an HDMI signal.

I also received mine via Amazon, though way too long ago to have any hope of return.

Disregard my comment, I flashed the image from a different machine and now it’s working.

1 Like