Seeeduino-Film now what?

i ordered one of the film boards, but it didn’t come with a usb programer. now what?

USB to Uart Needed.
seeedstudio.com/depot/uartsb … th=104_109
The new version UartSB v3 will available soon.
Thanks
Albert

why is there no programer included?

someone should probly mention that next time you send out mass e-mails. even a seporate programing breakout would have been nice.

Hello!

I also ordered a film and wanted to upload a sketch via the arduino dev environment onto the board.
Surprisingly :open_mouth: nothing happend and i got an error when uploading the code.

I guess i have to manually flash the bootloader onto the chips?
If so, how can I accomplish that?

Arduino related things I’ve got:
Arduino Lilypad + FTDI Basic Breakout - 3.3V (sparkf…)
Arduino Film

Thanks in advance!

Hi,
I received the beta version of Seeeduino-film together with the Motion-Frame and managed to program it with the UartSBee V3.1 with the examples provided. In order to compile with Arduino 21 I had to remove the SPI from the libraries folder and change from <Spi.h> to “Spi.h” (in all the files where it applies) choosing 8Mhz/AtMega168. I ran data record, data access and access of the accelerometer. Temp/Altitude is working but the accelerometer returns only zero. Is this due to a bug in the betafilmversion or is there an error in the acc-code ??? (I’m expecting the final Seeeduino-film, so I’ll check it in a couple of days…)

Hi Maxwell,
Have you received your board yet ?
Have you been able to upload a sketch to it ?
(If yes) How did you do that ?

Hello!

Yes I have ordered 2 (beta) boards which I already received.

Uploading Sketches does not work.
My setup:
PC -> FTDI basic breakout 3.3V from sparkfun -> film.

The film seems to be the problem because uploading sketches to other arduinos works without any problems.

As mentioned in early posts my guess is that there is no arduino-preinstalled-bootloader on the film.
Sadly I haven’t found a way burn a bootloader without special hardware/programmers.

I’m just waiting for anyone to confirm the there is no bootloader on the chips.

Thanks in advance!

Alas, this also matches my experience.
I’m wondering how we’re supposed to get a bootloader on the devices if normal 5V ISP programmers won’t work on these boards.

I was able to upload a program with this setup.
I’m using the FTDI 3.3V basic
sparkfun.com/products/8772
What is confusing is that the middle section and the outer section of the film have two areas that are similar (VCC, TX, RX). Make sure to use the middle area.
FTDI TXO -> RX FILM
FTDI RXI -> TX FILM

photo(2).JPG

loaded this program

/*
Blink
Turns on an LED on for one second, then off for one second, repeatedly.

This example code is in the public domain.
*/

void setup() {
// initialize the digital pin as an output.
// Pin 13 has an LED connected on most Arduino boards:
pinMode(8, OUTPUT);
}

void loop() {
digitalWrite(8, HIGH); // set the LED on
delay(4000); // wait for a second
digitalWrite(8, LOW); // set the LED off
delay(1000); // wait for a second
}

Sorry guys! We are too slow in coming up with the accessories. UartSB is a alternative for the programmer. We will prepare some cheap Programmer Frame pretty soon.

Also, a bluetooth and display frame is under development. Thanks!

Hello All,

The Instructable and garden wiki may be useful:
garden.seeedstudio.com/index.php … e_Tutorial
instructables.com/id/Seeedui … n-Capture/