v2 Mic Array device not found

I have a problem with selecting Respeaker 2 Mic Array as the recording device.

Raspberry PI 3

Distributor ID: Raspbian GNU/Linux 9

Release: 9.0

Codename: stretch

I plugged the Mic Array into the USB port of the RP and don’t see the device in arecord -l or lsusb. How do I resolve this?

I have the same problem, that the 6 Mic array does not even blink with some LED and of course it cannot be detected by debian.

Even after the installation of drivers (described here) done.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://wiki.seeedstudio.com/ReSpeaker_6 … pberry_Pi/”>http://wiki.seeedstudio.com/ReSpeaker_6-Mic_Circular_Array_kit_for_Raspberry_Pi/</LINK_TEXT>

@admin, @ESP, Support does not react on my emails.

I am trying to reach the support till 2 Weeks and got back just the ignorance.

The MicrophoneArray is now just the useless peace of hardware that does not work.

What should I do?

I am not a foreign man in a linux world, but I can’t get this thing work.

What do the other people, who don’t know linux?

Unfortunately no LED on the ReSpeaker is on and it cannot be detected by aplay/arecord.
</s>root@raspbx:~# aplay -L null Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture) pulse PulseAudio Sound Server default:CARD=ALSA bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA Default Audio Device sysdefault:CARD=ALSA bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA Default Audio Device dmix:CARD=ALSA,DEV=0 bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA Direct sample mixing device dmix:CARD=ALSA,DEV=1 bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI Direct sample mixing device dsnoop:CARD=ALSA,DEV=0 bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA Direct sample snooping device dsnoop:CARD=ALSA,DEV=1 bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI Direct sample snooping device hw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=0 bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA Direct hardware device without any conversions hw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=1 bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI Direct hardware device without any conversions plughw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=0 bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA Hardware device with all software conversions plughw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=1 bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI Hardware device with all software conversions default:CARD=Dummy Dummy, Dummy PCM Default Audio Device sysdefault:CARD=Dummy Dummy, Dummy PCM Default Audio Device dmix:CARD=Dummy,DEV=0 Dummy, Dummy PCM Direct sample mixing device dsnoop:CARD=Dummy,DEV=0 Dummy, Dummy PCM Direct sample snooping device hw:CARD=Dummy,DEV=0 Dummy, Dummy PCM Direct hardware device without any conversions plughw:CARD=Dummy,DEV=0 Dummy, Dummy PCM Hardware device with all software conversions root@raspbx:~# arecord -L null Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture) pulse PulseAudio Sound Server default:CARD=Dummy Dummy, Dummy PCM Default Audio Device sysdefault:CARD=Dummy Dummy, Dummy PCM Default Audio Device dmix:CARD=Dummy,DEV=0 Dummy, Dummy PCM Direct sample mixing device dsnoop:CARD=Dummy,DEV=0 Dummy, Dummy PCM Direct sample snooping device hw:CARD=Dummy,DEV=0 Dummy, Dummy PCM Direct hardware device without any conversions plughw:CARD=Dummy,DEV=0 Dummy, Dummy PCM Hardware device with all software conversions<e>

I checked the 1-wire settings (it was off) and I restarted anyway again the raspi.

Still no effect.
[attachment=0]unnamed.png[/attachment]
unnamed.png

Hi there,

it seems the driver is not installed correctly. please try to reinstall the driver again. Please post the installation log to us.

You also can change the source location by editing /etc/apt/sources.list, select your nearest source.

For the 6 mics pi hat, please also check the 1-wire setting, Please click raspberry -> Preferences -> Raspberry Pi Configuration, then select the Interfaces tab, make sure the 1-Wire is Disabled. thanks.

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get upgrade

git clone https://github.com/respeaker/seeed-voicecard.git

cd seeed-voicecard

sudo ./uninstall.sh

reboot

sudo ./install.sh

reboot