Wio Tracker - recognized under Other devices

Hi,

I received WIO tracker and have followed instructions on installation into Arduino IDE. That all went without any problems. I have also downloaded driver files and installed .inf (right click->install) but when I connect Wio, I see “Wio GPS Board” under “Other devices”. CLicking on “Update driver software…” and manually selecting folder where driver is, I get error that driver wasn’t found. Fast “double reset” brings “Unknown device” under “Other devices” and manually selecting “Update driver software” results in the same error. Can you help me out? Thanks.

Kind regards,

Gabrijel
2018-09-05_201718.png

Hi Gabrijel

My windows 10 can recognize the wio gps correctly. but my windows 7 has the same issue as yours. I still not figure out the solution yet. what kinds of windows do you use? thanks.

Bill

Hi,

I am using Windows 7 x64… Huh, it’s strange that it doesn’t work on Win 7 but it does on windows 10…

Because of other development applications, I use windows 7 while some of them are not supported on windows 10. Looks like I’ll have to setup dual boot on my development computer:( Anyone else had similar problems and managed to resolve this?

Gabrijel

Hi Gabrijel

I see the same issue on win7. I solved the issue with below instructions.

1. follow http://wiki.seeedstudio.com/Seeed_Arduino_Boards/ to install wio gps tracker into board manager
  2. then open the arduio ide, click file–>preferences–> click the link as below picture

3. you can see the address, such as C:\Users\xyu6\AppData\Local\Arduino15
  4. from device manager, please select the above address as the location to scan for the driver.

it seems the drivers on wiki does not work any more. the above address also has the driver. we will update the document later on. thanks.

best rgds

Bill