Xadow GSM+BLE Power On/OFF

Hello,

I have recently got the Xadow GSM+BLE and connected USB. I have installed “MTK USB Port”. I see red light, but I am unable to power it ON. After pressing power key for 2 seconds it does not show GREEN light.

Am I missing something? Do I need external power supply, if yes, what’s the easiest way to do that?

Thanks,
Atul

Hi, did you forgot to connect the battery?

You need to have a battery connected to it.

if you dont have a battery that fits into the connect you can you the through holes
PIN 3 = VCC
PIN 6 = GND

The only way without battery, is throught the VCC & GND pins.
I’ve tried with only USB / no batt and got same result.
Best regards,
David.

Thank you all for reply.

I was able to connect it using VCC & GND pins. However when I put a SIM card, it does detect the SIM card (I can see it in debug logs) but the module reboots and goes into Mass Storage mode automatically after 2-3 seconds.

If I remove the SIM card, it works perfectly fine. I have connected BLE+GSM module using power regulator [Please see the attached photo] and I have set the voltage to 4.2v (Infact I tried to vary it from 3.3 to 4.2 to see if this works, but none of that is working.

Can someone please help? I am blocked on this.

Thanks,
Atul
IMG_20160301_124436.jpg

Try to connect to VBAT instead of VCC - it will be totally like a battery, but don’t forget to set voltage to 4.2V - so the rephone won’t try to charge it :slight_smile:

Thanks for your reply.

I don’t have a battery right now, is there a way that I can use VCC and make it work atleast for now?

Thanks,
Atul

Hi,
is it possible the supply instantaneous current is not enough for GSM register network when insert a SIM card?

Quite possible, but I am unable to figure out how to proceed further :frowning:

Thanks,
Atul

Current i have my battery connected to the VCC and GND pin and it works fine for me and it also charges the battery.

Thanks. Which battery you think I should buy? Can you share some link please?

Thanks
Atul

I brought the following from ebay

Universal 3.7V 20C 1000mAh