Third-party Firmware for DSO Nano

here is the third-party firmware for DSO Nano , it’s written by Paul.

And it modified the UI of DSO Nano base on the DS0201_V1.1 opensorce code , the computed mode of this firmware is reasonable than the source , and the display is more all-around .

here is the pic of this firmware :
1.jpg

you can use the USB interface to update it . the method of operation for this firmware will release soon and you can try it yourself…
dso201_V1.2Paul.rar (25.1 KB)

Tried this… I get a garbled display I am afraid.

The image is just about recognisable. Is there something that I have missed?

any luck with it yet? it looks interesting, but I’drather not brick the device trying it…

To be able to recover the firmware,you can firstly upload the original pre-installed in the DSO.

This displayed better tehn the new 2.x beta. But I would like some hints on how to correctly use it.

The latest version I’ve seen of the “Paul” firmware is V1.4, and it’s available here:

download/file.php?id=147

Administrators, could we have a pinned thread with links to the most recent firmware releases available, both the Seeed versions and the third-party versions, and the source files?

If someone new didn’t happen to notice that V1.4 of the Paul firmware was buried in some thread somewhere, they might be very disappointed with the performance of the DSO Nano. I’m using V1.4 on a daily basis, and it is the most stable, most usable, and best looking of the various firmwares I have tried. The use of the “M” button to change the function of the cursor keypad rather than wasting either up/down or right/left for menu navigation is the main thing which makes the DSO Nano a real, usable tool. The pop-up screen which shows all computed measurements at once is great, and makes a huge difference when actually trying to analyze a signal.

Where did the “Paul” firmware come from? Is “Paul” continuing development on his branch? Does he accept donations?

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http://bbs.e-design.com.cn/bbs/dispbbs.asp%3Fboardid%3D5%26Id%3D8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhjC11KrZJYByhrn4cE0vABj6fqYQg

Seems like the DSO Nano is just a re-branded DSO201 correct?

Found this on the net. Unfortunately it is in Chinese and a pdf document. I’ve not had much luck translating most of it. Are there any Chinese/English speakers out there who could oblige?
paul1.4版本操作方法.rar (178 KB)

Google translation:

SE settings: vertical stalls, the level of stalls probe multiple
Click top to bottom, left and right gear to achieve the vertical, horizontal stalls adjustment;
Long by up and down, left and right to achieve position adjustment;
Long press M button to select the probe rate;
Short press Play to start scanning or suspend scanning,
Long press Play show or hide all measurements.

MO settings: scan mode, trigger mode
Select trigger mode by up and down, left and right select scan mode;
Long press Play directly to the SE menu.

Tr settings: trigger level, trigger sensitivity

Adjusted according to the upper and lower trigger level, so adjust the trigger sensitivity.
Long press M blanking trigger line;

C1 settings: a cross cursor position

Press the cursor up and down to adjust the level of a left and right to adjust the vertical cursor 1.
Long press M to move the cursor blanking previous instructions on the values - “the last movement of the cursor blanking and instructions on the values -” the last movement of the cursor on the display and instructions value;

C2 settings: Crosshair 2 position
Press the cursor up and down to adjust the level of two, left and right to adjust the vertical cursor 2.
Long press M to move the cursor blanking previous instructions on the values - “the last movement of the cursor blanking and instructions on the values -” the last movement of the cursor on the display and instructions value;
Long press Play key to return to a menu Crosshair

Me choices: measurement mode, set the measurement display mode
Choose from top to bottom measurement according to the content
A long right-click shows all measurements,
Long press left hidden;

Of set: x-axis offset, y-axis offset

Press to adjust the vertical offset from top to bottom, left and right to adjust the level of offset.
M blanking according to the level of long-offset reference line;

Fo setting: output frequency
Press up and down to adjust the output frequency;

FL: File Operations
Right-click option to save, press left select to read, press up and down the selection process number, a long operation by M implementation options;
Long press down the button, reference waveform position move,
Long press the left button, hide the reference waveform,
Long Press the right button to display the reference waveform.

Click M to switch menu; a long time does not operate to automatically back to SE menu.

Parameters preservation methods: Set a good 5 minutes after the start at the very least, or in non-SE menu press PLAY button until the emergence of long prompts;
Hold down the M key to boot, you can use the default settings.

2 hours between the time increment cursor into the frequency display function:
In the C1 or C2 menu click down button can display time, display frequency, auto-switch between the turn of three models.

Voltage calibration using the method:
a) zero-correction
Hold down the left boot, short access probe, open the measurement display.
Press down button to select the correct short-stalls, short press the left or the
Right to the display closest to the average voltage of 0V.
b) Gain correction
To prepare a baseline power, hold down the right boot, the probe then the base power, open the measurement display. ?Short press up and down buttons to select
Correction stalls, short press the left or right to display the power of the average voltage closest to the reference value.
To achieve the best results, this process can be repeated several times, after a short press M button once, and then long press play button to save.

If holding down the M key to boot, will not be used to save the calibration data.
In order to avoid the slow USB charging oscilloscope displays the normal boot would be shielded USB communications, PC will be displayed at this time does not recognize the USB device,
To use USB communications, press and hold the PLAY key to turn.