Rephone doesn't see sim card

Thanks for answering my question. I tried both suggestions (rebooting after reinserting the sim card and bending the connections a little), but unfortunately neither worked. Could it be the connection with the network?

Hi Marten,

Do you mind tell me which country you are? And which mobile operator you were using? BTW you’ve mentioned about your it’s a present from your friend, did your friend get it from the kickstarter? Or it is a development sample we’ve given out?

It would be wonderful if you can upload a clear image of your RePhone here.

Cheers,
Chao

Hi Chao,
Thank you for answering so quickly!
I am from the Netherlands and I use the KPN network. The rephone is from kickstarter.
Here is a link to an image of my rephone:
dropbox.com/s/o55lsk2xswwdv … e.jpg?dl=0

Regards, Marten

Hi Marten,

thanks for the details, our engineers are now looking into this problem. We will respond ASAP.
Once again thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Chao

I had a similar issue as well when I first opened my phone, I resolved it by altering the seating of the SIM card. Basically, push it all the way in, then push it back out just a millimeter or two. After doing this and rebooting I had working network connectivity. Good luck!

Thanks Alden for the kind help.

Actually I am thinking the same issue here, maybe try to push it back out a little bit and then reboot to see how it goes. Cause as I can see from the image, all connections are good, except that the SIM card was pushed inside a bit too much.

Hi Marten,

Thanks for your reply, I’m the developer of Rephone, could you try to find other SIM of Vodafone or T-Mobile and try it again? ( the other operators in Netherlands )
Please let us know the result you try, it’s very helpful for us to solve this problem.

Thank you!
Once again thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Vincent

I have got the same problem with the KPN network.

Hi, bobbiy

Have you ever tried the SIM of other operators ?

Not sure that this helps but i noticed that if you have a PIN set in your sim then the API will return “No SIM (0)”. Disabling the pin fixed it for me even with a Sim that was expired.

Hi Chao,
As suggested by blkhawki, I changed the setting of the sim-card with an other cellphone so that is doesn’t ask for a pin anymore. And now it works!
Thank you for all the help!

Regards, Marten

It is working now! Thanks a lot!

I have the same problem, the SIM card can’t be detected. Bending the pins a little bit changed nothing.
The sim card works fine in my Samsung Galaxy S3 Smartphone.

The function

VMINT number_count = 0;
number_count = vm_gsm_sim_get_card_count();

returns the value “-103”.

Which I think it means:

#define VM_SYMBOL_NOT_FOUND (-103)
/* The error code (-103) means a symbol cannot be found in the firmware. */

The function vm_gsm_sim_has_card(); returns the value “0”.

I’m using a sim card from “congstar.de”, it’s a provider that uses the t-mobile network.

Hi kaktus,

have you tried disable the PIN as blkhawk suggested above?

Yes, I have disabled the pin in the SIM card with my smartphone…

Well, you seem to have run in a problem I have as well. Some of the API calls that are defined in the headers are not actually included in the Firmware blob. So you get the -103 code back.

As for why the congstar sim does not work - No idea, but I have an expired congstar sim that i just cut it down to nano-sim and put in the rephone module - the example arduino checksim sketch shows 1 for an active working sim.

I figured it out… I always called the api from a sub thread, but some api’s can only be called from the main thread, my sim card is now detected correctly.

for me resolved
disable pin code in a smartphone
i have a german o2 prepaid

I had this same problem: The Xadow GSM+BLE module on my RePhone was not recognizing my Ting (USA) 2G Nano SIM. In the end, it was a seating problem with the FPC Cable. For anyone else struggling with this issue, you might try to re-seat your FPC Cable.

Also, this may just be coincidence, but:

• I noticed that if the FPC Cable was not seated well on the Xadow Touchscreen module connector end, there was a problem with the Display.
  • I noticed that if the FPC Cable was not seated well on the Xadow GSM+BLE module connector end, there was a problem with the SIM card being recognized.

Hi, Christina
Thanks for your feeedback. About the second situation you describe “I noticed that if the FPC Cable was not seated well on the Xadow GSM+BLE module connector end, there was a problem with the SIM card being recognized”
Could you please post a picture when you meet this situation to us for figure out this problem?
Thx!