Papilio DUO-2MB

Hello

The Papilio DUO-2MB is an amazing board but what happen to those of us who knows Verilog, VHDL and Arduino very well and do not want to use schematic to program their FPGA?

I will be very happy to test your board for you. If you are interested. Please pull my information and let me know.

Kind Regards,
Christian

Where can I find the documentation? How is the Arduino Microcontroller connected to the FPGA?

Hello Christian,

All of the DesignLab libraries are based on VHDL or Verilog and just uses the schematic editor as a way to let people be productive on an FPGA without learning VHDL/Verilog. But if you already know it then you are going to feel at home, you can right click on any schematic element and be right in the VHDL or Verilog to make your changes. You can also choose to not use the DesignLab environment and just use Xilinx ISE directly with the provided ucf files and the Papilio Loader to load bit files. The DUO is like any other Papilio FPGA board in that respect.

To find the documentation please visit (Well I’m a new user here so I can’t post the links in a friendly format):
duo . gadgetfactory . net
learn . gadgetfactory . net
compshield . gadgetfactory . net
logicshield . gadgetfactory . net

Also, please feel free to drop by the Gadget Factory forum and participate.

Thanks!
Jack.

Hello Jack,

I will be more than happy to participate but for the time being all I want to see is the schematic connection between the Atmega Chip (Microcontroller) and the Xilinx Spartan 6.

Now regarding the problem with Installing Xilinx Software on Windows 8 describe in the link below

Installation of ISE crashing video

gadgetfactory.net/learn/2013/09/ … -included/

Please see the link below that reply to the problem.

Xilinx Os support
xilinx.com/support/answers/18419.html

If you have some issue again about Xilinx FPGA, Please feel free to drop me an email.
Kind Regards,
Christian