what is Components Placement Drawing ?

Greetings!

I try to do my first Fusion PCBA Prototype, but I don´t know what do you mean with “Components Placement Drawing (CPD)”?
How can create this file with cadsoft Eagle?.

Also my BOM file. I want to put:
0011330P1,2,R2,R3

it’s that correct? or should be…
0011330P1,1,R2
0011330P1,1,R3

Thanks!! :wink:

Hi you may send us the component placement files in PDF, it is something like the following picture. Please put it in Zip / RARwith the gerber files.

Thanks!, but what picture?. I can’t see…

And about bom format file?

Finally today arrived my first PCBA Prototype, I’m very happy for this excellent work. :smiley:
Attached photo and my components placement drawing file.

About bom file I send with this format:

OPL SKU,Qty.,Parts
0011240P1,1,R1
0011330P1,1,R2
301010090,1,R3
301010090,1,R4
Pic18f26k22_Base.pdf (18.6 KB)
Proyect.jpg

Hi you may send us the component placement files in PDF, it is something like the following picture. Please put it in Zip / RARwith the gerber files.

So, you got that circuit on paper as a schematic design in Autodesk EAGLE, but now comes the real challenge. How are you going to translate all of that electrical theory into an actual physical design? These days engineers do it all, from schematic to PCB layout, and there’s no handing it off down the line for someone else to finish it up, it’s all about you. While this can present you with a new set of challenges, the PCB layout is probably one of the most exciting and rewarding parts of PCB design. It’s like a giant puzzle just waiting to be solved with some original thinking and creativity. Where do you start with all of this? You’ll need to place all of your components first.

Some Things to Know Beforehand

There are a few things you’ll want to keep in the back of your head while you go about transforming your schematic into a physical board layout, including:

PCB Layout is an Art

Many engineers see the PCB layout process as more of an artform. If you give your schematic to a hundred different engineers, then chances are you’ll get a hundred different board layouts back all with their unique characteristics. Unlike a schematic design, which is all grounded in the finality of mathematics, your PCB layout is a bit more fluid and flexible.

Because of this, you have to remember one thing when doing your PCB layout – there’s no right or wrong way to do it. How you choose to place your components and complete your routing is all a unique representation of your design perspective. For some, this might be a bit overwhelming at first, which is why we’re going to stick with a very simple design in this blog. We’ve only got a handful of components to place, so you can take your time to place, replace, and probably do it all over again.

If you haven’t created AN assembly drawing before, this can be an honest introduction for you to the method. I promise this won’t be a thirty-page manual with style sketches that seem like my children’s preschool drawings. Knowing the various components of AN assembly drawing, and the way your PCB layout tools will assist you in making this fabrication drawing area unit the sole tools you’ll want here. and also the best part? All of this info is yours for the reading, no assembly needed.

PCB elements and designators on a drawing

The PCB assembly drawing shows components like half outlines and reference designation

The PCB Assembly drafting table of Contents. AN assembly drawing will be created in many forms therefore on be the foremost convenient, and correct, for the manufacturer you’re employed with. check that that in your style method, you’re communicative along with your manufacturer therefore on understand precisely what they like in assembly drawings. however whereas it’s necessary to stay in mind WHO you’re operating with, here area unit some basic components that area unit common to most drawings to become acquainted with:

Drawing format: Some CAD systems can generate the drawing format for you whereas others need you to form it as a separate library form. Whichever methodology that you just use, you’ll mix that format along with your style info to make your pcb fabrication drawing.

Board outline: like a fabrication drawing, you’ll need to show the board define of your style. looking on the dimensions of the board, the image will be scaled right down to work the drawing format, or scaled up to indicate larger detail.

Part shapes: inside the board define you’ll need to show all the half shapes and their reference designators that area unit getting to be soldered onto the board.

Mechanical elements: you’ll conjointly need to show any mechanical parts which will be hooked up to the board with mounting hardware. Since these elements might not be an everyday PCB footprint, you’ll have to be compelled to add or draw these shapes severally. AN example of this sort of mechanical half is AN ejector handle. this is often a non-electrical half and should not be diagrammatical within the schematic, however it’ll got to be enclosed within the assembly drawing and within the bill of materials.

Assembly notes: These area unit a listing of directions that embrace basic assembly details, references to business standards & specifications, and locations for special options.

Identification label locations: Any identification labels like barcodes or assembly tags can got to be settled with a drawing pointer and a relevance the particular label within the assembly notes.

Additional reads: PCBs that have elements on facets|each side|either side} of the board can sometimes want a view of the rear side of the board additionally to the front. If the board is tiny enough, each views area unit generally placed on a similar drawing sheet. For larger boards, extra drawing sheets will be used. you’ll conjointly got to embrace a prospect of the board to indicate however sure mechanical elements got to be hooked up.

Expanded “cut-away” views: once AN assembly space has to be shown in larger detail like the ejector handle, you’ll need to put a cut-away read of that space off to the facet of the most board read. This cut-away read will be scaled up for clarity, and you’ll need to feature a drawing pointer showing wherever this read is on the most board.

Assembled circuit boards on racks

A good PCB assembly drawing can facilitate your board to be factory-made swimmingly

How Your Layout Tools will assist you to form the Drawing

Many years past I had to use a separate drafting tool to form assembly drawings. This was as a result of the older computer circuit Board layout systems that I used at that point didn’t have the flexibility to form the elaborate drawings that we wanted. these days tho’, layout tools have the practicality that you just got to produce your pcb assembly drawings. Board outlines with half info will be foreign, scaled in size, rotated, and reflected as required for the drawing. Assembly directions will be composed or foreign from AN external file, and another to the drawing. elaborate cut-away views of sensitive areas of the assembly will be force out and swollen. And once completed, your drawings will be reborn into electronic format and enclosed with the remainder of your producing output files.

Unlike blurry-eyed oldsters annoyed by confusing assembly directions at the last minute, you’ll facilitate your manufacturer by making a transparent and informative PCB assembly drawing. With this drawing you’ll assure your manufacturer that your computer circuit board are engineered properly and at once.