ArduinoPhone

does it work? :smiley:

Hello,

I have purchased the kit with everything, and I need a bit of help connecting each piece as I am newcomer to electronics. What I have are:

Arduino Uno
GPRS Shield V2.0
TFT V2.0
Grove RTC
Li Po Rider Pro
and battery

My questions are following:

1. The GPRS shield I bought looks different than the one shown in the instructions. Notably, it doesn’t have that big antenna. Is this ok? or do I need to purchase separate antenna?
    Also mine has a slot for a battery, do I need to put a battery there? I assume no because it gets power from UNO.

2. I have Li Po Rider Pro instead of the regular Li Po Rider. Is this ok?

3. Finally it would be very helpful to me if you guys can give a bit more details on how the wiring connections are setup. Especially

-how you connect the RTC to UNO
-what are those wires coming out of the GPRS? in one of the pictures those wires are labeled as “Audio Jack”. How you connect those wires to GPRS?
-in the instructables, you already have installed a switch and another thing that connects to GPRS through audio jack. What is this? Where can I get these?

thanks,
Tuguldur

Hello,

1. no,this GPRS Shoield is only newer version as far as i read! U need to put an battery inside. do not know why, but without was not working. the battery in the rtc timer keeps the clock working when power is disconnected.

2. no, should make no difference.For testing you need only connect the ardiuno to power!

3. Timer connection to arduino:
    SCL = A5
    SDa = A4
    VCC = VCC
    GND=GND

Love the project for the informational value as much as for the creativity. I have this working on an Arduino Uno board, but would like to experiment with more memory afforded by the mega2560. I tried to add #define AVR_ATmega2560 to the beginning of the code, but still did not get it operational. I will experiment with it, but if you know of the solution, it would save a lot of time. I don’t have anything new to add to the project at this time, but hope to be able to do so once I have the mega up. BTW, I could only get a successful compile using the 1.01 environment. Anything later gets compile errors such as Tft no defined. Is there an updated version that will compile with 1.5? Thanks again for the great contribution.

Hey,

yes there is a newer library for the tft Display. I could not get it compiled with the old version ( I have the newer version of the TFT).
You need to register the new Library to Arduino 1.05. Then in the “ArduinoPhone” tab you need to modify like this:

// #include <TFT.h> #include <TFTv2.h> //name depends on the registration of your library

in the “UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp” tab

[code]// #include <TFT.h>
#include <TFTv2.h>

Tft.TFTinit();
// Tft.init();
[/code]

I get it compiled and running on my Arduinophone. But I can not accept calls or do calls. Seems liek there is still a problem in the code…but can not find it.Let me know if it is on yours working,please!

thanks a lot man!

I have connected everything, downloaded the code from github, it was compiling fine.

BUT when I upload the code to Uno I only get a white screen. No texts at all, just plain white screen. Again there were no compilation errors at all.

I am using TFT v2, could this be a problem? I have tried downloading TFT_v2 library and changing the include TFT.h to include TFT_v2.h in the .ino file.
But then I am experiencing many compilation errors.

Please help me!

thanks,
T

Hello vega4ref,

as far as I remember I had the white screen as well when I compiles the original Arduino Code with the TFT 2.0. So u need the new libraries. Did you changed in teh code " Tft.TFTinit(); " to
" // Tft.init(); " (without the ") ? maybe search for the string Tft.init() all over the code and replace with " Tft.TFTinit(); "
What error messages do you receive?

There is only one Tft.init() in UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp. If I change that to Tft.TFTinit() then I get following message:

class TFT has no member named ‘TFTinit’

I am guessing this is because TFT_v2.h is not declared. So when I change #include <TFT.h> to #include <TFT_v2.h> in ArduinoPhone.ino and UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp, I get following error:

no matching function for call to ‘TFT::fillScreen(int, int, int, int, unsigned int)’

I am running on Mac OS, and TFT_v2 is included in my library:
/Users/inara/Documents/Arduino/libraries/TFT_v2

thanks,
Tuguldur

The inputs to fillScreen are different in TFT.h and TFT_v2.h!

In TFT.h you have:

[i]void fillScreen(unsigned int XL,unsigned int XR,unsigned int YU,unsigned int YD,unsigned int color);[/i]

this is the format used in UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp.

However in TFT_v2.h you have:

[i]void fillScreen(unsigned int color);[/i]

Is there a simple way to get around this? I feel like one has to rewrite UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp for TFT_v2.

thanks,
T

FIXED THE PROBLEM.

The necessary library was not TFT_v2/TFT_v2.h but it was SeeedTFTv2/TFTv2.h.
seeedstudio.com/wiki/File:Seeed_TFT_v2.0.zip

This TFTv2.h has that same 6 integer input as was used in TFT version 1.0. Now it is displaying what it is supposed to.

However the time and date doesn’t seem to work somehow… haven’t tried making a call or sending text.

T

Great!Congratulations! Now I’m very curious if u can accept or do phone calls. This i got still not working in mine!

Can someone help?

Can’t get the code to work and by reading this thread i think that come from the TFT who display nothing.
I readed previous comment and fixed Tft.TFTinit(); and #include <TFTv2.h>
but now i’m facing this:

C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp: In member function 'void UI_ArduinoPhone::drawButton(int, int)': C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:44: error: 'Tft' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:58: error: 'Tft' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp: In member function 'void UI_ArduinoPhone::drawButtonNumber()': C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:71: error: 'Tft' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:71: error: 'WHITE' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:76: error: 'Tft' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:76: error: 'WHITE' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp: In member function 'void UI_ArduinoPhone::drawButtonAbc()': C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:89: error: 'Tft' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:89: error: 'WHITE' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp: In member function 'void UI_ArduinoPhone::drawDialogBox()': C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:103: error: 'Tft' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp: In member function 'void UI_ArduinoPhone::drawMsgDialogBox()': C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:109: error: 'Tft' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:110: error: 'BLACK' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp: In member function 'void UI_ArduinoPhone::init()': C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:119: error: 'Tft' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp: In member function 'void UI_ArduinoPhone::msgAdd(char)': C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:169: error: 'Tft' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:170: error: 'BLUE' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp: In member function 'void UI_ArduinoPhone::msgAdd(char, unsigned int)': C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:182: error: 'Tft' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp: In member function 'void UI_ArduinoPhone::msgDel()': C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:199: error: 'Tft' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp: In member function 'void UI_ArduinoPhone::msgShowCount()': C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:206: error: 'Tft' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:208: error: 'RED' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:210: error: 'RED' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp: In member function 'void UI_ArduinoPhone::callAdd(unsigned char)': C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:223: error: 'Tft' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:223: error: 'BLACK' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:228: error: 'Tft' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:228: error: 'BLACK' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp: In member function 'void UI_ArduinoPhone::callDel()': C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:242: error: 'Tft' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp: In member function 'void UI_ArduinoPhone::msgNumAdd(char)': C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:254: error: 'Tft' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:254: error: 'BLACK' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:259: error: 'Tft' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:259: error: 'BLACK' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp: In member function 'void UI_ArduinoPhone::msgNumDel()': C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:279: error: 'Tft' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp: In member function 'void UI_ArduinoPhone::showMainPage()': C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:481: error: 'Tft' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:481: error: 'GREEN' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:482: error: 'GRAY1' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:483: error: 'YELLOW' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:484: error: 'GRAY2' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp: In member function 'void UI_ArduinoPhone::showPageKB()': C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:505: error: 'Tft' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:505: error: 'BLACK' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp: In member function 'void UI_ArduinoPhone::showMsg()': C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:510: error: 'Tft' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:510: error: 'RED' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:512: error: 'YELLOW' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp: In member function 'void UI_ArduinoPhone::showCall()': C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:518: error: 'Tft' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:518: error: 'YELLOW' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp: In member function 'void UI_ArduinoPhone::drawReadMsgTxt()': C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:553: error: 'Tft' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:553: error: 'GRAY2' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp: In member function 'void UI_ArduinoPhone::drawReadMsg()': C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:567: error: 'Tft' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:567: error: 'GRAY1' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:568: error: 'GRAY2' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:570: error: 'WHITE' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:571: error: 'BLACK' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp: In member function 'void UI_ArduinoPhone::drawReadMsgPage()': C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:578: error: 'Tft' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:578: error: 'GRAY1' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:579: error: 'BLUE' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:580: error: 'GRAY2' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:583: error: 'RED' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp: In member function 'void UI_ArduinoPhone::drawTimeDate(int, int)': C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:686: error: 'Tft' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:686: error: 'BLACK' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:687: error: 'GRAY1' was not declared in this scope C:\Users\PXbytes\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArduinoPhone\UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:688: error: 'GRAY2' was not declared in this scope
I use the 2.0b 07/27/2012 tft shield.

Can you please post your code? this errors can be everything

Edit: Fixed the problem…
In attachement the good code with good libs for compiling with the TFTv2
ArduinoPhone-master.zip (1.31 MB)

Hi guys,

Thank you so much for this! I love it! I’m trying to build my own one and I’m hoping someone can help me as my screen is blank!

To give you an idea with what hardware I have

Arduino Uno
Quectel m10 Arduino GSM shield
Adafruit 2.8" TFT Touch Shield v2 - Capacitive or Resistive
Arduino adapter 9V

Is it possible to use your code for the interface? If so how do I adapt it? Because at the moment all I have is a blank screen and when I run the code I get these errors…

Demo.ino: In function ‘void stateMachine()’:
Demo:109: error: ‘Tft’ was not declared in this scope
Demo:202: error: ‘WHITE’ was not declared in this scope
Demo:203: error: ‘GRAY1’ was not declared in this scope
Demo:204: error: ‘RED’ was not declared in this scope
Demo:237: error: ‘BLACK’ was not declared in this scope
Demo:249: error: ‘GREEN’ was not declared in this scope
Demo.ino: In function ‘void stateMsg()’:
Demo:486: error: ‘RED’ was not declared in this scope
Demo:502: error: ‘RED’ was not declared in this scope
Demo.ino: In function ‘void enableTimer()’:
Demo:640: error: ‘Timer1’ was not declared in this scope
Demo.ino: In function ‘void disableTimer()’:
Demo:645: error: ‘Timer1’ was not declared in this scope
Demo.ino: In function ‘void setup()’:
Demo:654: error: ‘Timer1’ was not declared in this scope

Would appreciate any sort of help! Thanks a million!

Hi there,

I got the code to compile and upload but still blank screen. I’ve just realised I bought a capacitive screen rather than resistive… is it still possible to use the capacitive one? Sorry if these are stupid questions… still so newish! If anyone has any insight they would like to share, please do!!

Thanks!!

I see that you have used Quectel m10 Arduino GSM shield for your project, but the one we used is GPRS SHIELD v2. The software is different between Arduino GSM Shield and GPRS Shield v2. So the TFT shield may not display anything on the screen.

Jacket

i would like to build one.
What I have here is

1. arduino UNO
    2 Seeed Studio GPRS shield v 2.1
    3 Seeed Studio TFT touch shield v 1.0

i dont have a RTC.
but would like to build it without it if i could.

i try the code but only have white screen.
What can i do to make it work?
i also have a SmartGpu2 shield made by Vizic Technologies that i could use. it has a SD card reader on it.

please some one help me. i have spent to much money on this not to work. I have now went and bought a Seeed Studio TFT touch shield v 2.1. thinking maybe be better. still white screen with it.

Thank you for having finally updated the code on the github repo loovee.
github.com/Seeed-Studio/ArduinoPhone