BlueTooth Bee AT command set

Hello,

I bought a bluetooth bee a while back. I am wondering how I could figure out what firmware it run. Also where could I find the command set for this bluetooth bee.

The data on it is 12/02/2009.

The bluetooth bee really doesn’t have any other usefull information. Written on it. I want to be able to control the IO pins on it.

hey,you can refer to this topic and follow those steps from the guides.Good luck

PS:Guide (viewtopic.php?f=18&t=687)

I already read that post. It’s not helpful to me. I want to know the firmware version. Because I am guessing it’s firmware HC06.

I want to use HC05, since it supports I/O pins. I didn’t feel like reading the entire datasheet on the flash memory to figure out how to program the flash memory, I was hoping someone already did this and I could probably just follow what they did.

Also one other question that might seem trivial is the default state for the bluetooth bee Master? It seems so I haven’t actually communicated with this device but that because I am guessing when you try to pair it to a phone or computer it not seeing it because it’s a master and not a slave?

I having some trouble. Not matter what mode I put the blue tooth bee in, I can’t seem to find it using my android phone or my computer.

The bluetooth bee needs to be in Slave mode to connect to my computer/phone and I have done this.

Here is the response from the module.

Setting up Bluetooth link
+STWMOD=0

OK

+STNA=BluetoothBee

WORK:SLAVER

+BTSTATE:0

+BTSTATE:1

OK

+STOAUT=1

OK

+INQ=1

OK

+BTSTATE:2
Setup complete

I don’t see why my phone nor my computer can see the module and i tired 3 different phones non can see it.

hey maybe you need more steps

+STWMOD=0
+STNA=… //Name
+STAUTO=0
+STOAUT=1
+STPIN=… // 4-bit pair password
+INQ=1

I have already tried that, and if i save the pincode once it shouldn’t have to be set again. That would make no sense to me. Why would i have to set the pincode on the device after every reboot?

you need a bluetooth bee standalone(seeedstudio.com/depot/blueto … Path=19_21).

Why would I need the bluetooth bee standalone. How does this help me I already have an ardunio and I can communicate with the flash memory, I just don’t think it’s correctly setting up the BC417, but the flash memory is just responding. I will check the wiring to see where the LED connect to and what does pin do.

This seems like alot more trouble. Does anyone know where I can pickup another version of the flash memory. I have bluesuite and I made my self a LPT to USB connector I just flash it and give it a shot.

the bluetooth bee standalone(BT) has its own chip,so you can upload program to it.So if the BT once setted,the BT can work as previous setting afterward,you need not to reset it again.

Of course,bluetooth bee(not standalone) can auto-connect the last paired device on power(+STAUTO=1),but it only can connect a steady phone,but not join a pairing station.

I still don’t see why I have to buy it that would be a waste of money if you ask me. I have both an ARM processor and Amtel micro that can talk to the flash memory via UART. So it’s either the firmware that on it is just not very good or the BC417 is damaged.

Anyway I already built my self the programmer and I got bluesuite from CSR, So i will try to just dump my firmware and write another firmware I got for the BC417. Not only that this BC417 has alot more function than the firmware that I have currently supports, I am looking into instruction set for the BC417 I might just write my own code.

CSR website has quite good support for there chips