ArduinoPhone

well, i just wanted to look at the code.

i cant use that because i don’t have all the parts necessary :confused:

Hi all

we are just the DIY makers , and if you are interested in it , you can do it.

But never mind , we’ll post more DIY modules , and you would fine a one that you can do.

If you have some interesting modules , please share it with us. :wink:

Actually , the GPRS Shield has bulit-in RCT functionality, you needn’t to use another RTC module, see the At Command datasheet, you will know that.

yes, there is~ but it doesn’t works fine somehow, you can have a try? :sunglasses:

OK, fessing up right up front: I’m a “noob”, so please be patient with the following really stupid questions:

1. I see T-mobile has unlocked GSM cards for free, but I assume that won’t do me any good if I don’t have a T-mobile account, or is there a way to just communicate locally between GPRS shield and a nearby phone?
  2. Is the simple solution here to buy an unlocked GSM with some account that has a limited number of hours or whatever (I don’t want to add an entire new “phone” to my existing plan while I’m just experimenting)
  3. In the GPRS shield Wiki it talks about installing sscom32E. My guess is that this is simply a serial line terminal program and I can just use Zmodem instead, is this correct, or is there something special about sscom32e that makes it better for interacting with the GPRS?

If I can get past these basics, I am really interested in building the phone!!
I really like your comment about the size thing too, maybe skip the pcb and use point to point wiring and some really old-fashioned enclosure. :slight_smile:

about the first 2 questions~ I am not familiar to~ But I can tell you that sscom32E is just a normal serial line terminal~ take it easy, you can use any terminal as you like ! :smiley:

Hi , good news. We want to make a new version of Arduinophone, :laughing: maybe add a NFC, or wireless charger :unamused: Hush, “God’s design must not be revealed to mortal ears.” :slight_smile: Do you have some ideas? Maybe it turns more thin or big, :bulb:

:mrgreen:

why not write a new topic :confused:

about the latest code, you can refer to : github.com/reeedstudio/ArduinoPhone :smiley:

I had this working a little while ago, but I can’t remember how I had it working. I try to load the code and I get a few errors. I am using an Arduino Mega 2560, GPRS Shield V1.4, and TFT Touch Shield V1.0

I’m pretty sure I have all the libraries I need, and all the ones I have are in the Arduino library folder.

Here are the errors I get, can anybody help?!

ArduinoPhoneCode.ino: In function ‘void stateMachine()’:
ArduinoPhoneCode:106: error: ‘class TFT’ has no member named ‘fillScreen’
ArduinoPhoneCode:163: error: ‘class TFT’ has no member named ‘fillScreen’
ArduinoPhoneCode:204: error: ‘class TFT’ has no member named ‘fillScreen’
ArduinoPhoneCode:247: error: ‘class TFT’ has no member named ‘fillScreen’
ArduinoPhoneCode:305: error: ‘class TFT’ has no member named ‘fillScreen’
ArduinoPhoneCode:351: error: ‘class TFT’ has no member named ‘fillScreen’
ArduinoPhoneCode.ino: In function ‘void enableTimer()’:
ArduinoPhoneCode:653: error: ‘Timer1’ was not declared in this scope
ArduinoPhoneCode.ino: In function ‘void disableTimer()’:
ArduinoPhoneCode:658: error: ‘Timer1’ was not declared in this scope
ArduinoPhoneCode.ino: In function ‘void setup()’:
ArduinoPhoneCode:667: error: ‘Timer1’ was not declared in this scope

try add the follow libraries to your Arduino Library, :slight_smile:
TimerOnev9.zip (5.93 KB)
TFT.zip (590 KB)

Okay, I added those libraries, and now I’m getting different errors…

I’m not sure what it means by “TouchScreen does not name a type” but I have the touchscreen library in the library folder.

Here are the errors. Any ideas on these now?

UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:32: error: ‘TouchScreen’ does not name a type
UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp: In member function ‘unsigned char UI_ArduinoPhone::getTouch(unsigned char*)’:
UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:497: error: ‘Point’ was not declared in this scope
UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:497: error: expected ;' before 'p' UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:499: error: 'p' was not declared in this scope UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:502: error: '__PRESURE' was not declared in this scope UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:507: error: '__PRESURE' was not declared in this scope UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp: In member function 'bool UI_ArduinoPhone::isTouch()': UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:550: error: 'Point' was not declared in this scope UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:550: error: expected ;’ before ‘p’
UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:551: error: ‘p’ was not declared in this scope
UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:551: error: ‘__PRESURE’ was not declared in this scope
UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp: In member function ‘int UI_ArduinoPhone::touchMainPage()’:
UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:574: error: ‘Point’ was not declared in this scope
UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:574: error: expected ;' before 'p' UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:576: error: 'p' was not declared in this scope UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:578: error: '__PRESURE' was not declared in this scope UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp: In member function 'bool UI_ArduinoPhone::getTouchRect(int, int, int, int)': UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:624: error: 'Point' was not declared in this scope UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:624: error: expected ;’ before ‘p’
UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:626: error: ‘p’ was not declared in this scope
UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:629: error: ‘__PRESURE’ was not declared in this scope
UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp: In member function ‘unsigned char UI_ArduinoPhone::getMsgInputState()’:
UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:858: error: ‘Point’ was not declared in this scope
UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:858: error: expected `;’ before ‘p’
UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:859: error: ‘p’ was not declared in this scope
UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:859: error: ‘__PRESURE’ was not declared in this scope
UI_ArduinoPhone.cpp:860: error: ‘p’ was not declared in this scope

what a shame that i forgot something!! add this more~
SeeedTouchScreen.zip (3.72 KB)

Okay thank you so much! It’s working again, I think anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

I currently don’t have a SIM card to use, so I can’t be certain. When I turn it on it comes to the screen where it shows the time (although I dont have the RTC hooked up) and the “CALL” and “SMS” buttons. The buttons don;t do anything though, will they work once I have a SIM card installed or should they work regardless?

hm, seems like that there’s some problem working with a mega~ Actually I had never try with a mega. I 'll try with a mega when I have time~ :smiley:

one more thing, do you use GPRS shield ever, if so, maybe you should modify the code about calling or sending sms, cu’z I don’t know if it can works outside of China! :open_mouth:

Okay, it may be a few days before I get a working SIM card so no big deal. I copied all the code from the different files on github into the files from the old code, and i got a new error, I’m not worried about it I just though I would copy all the new files to replace the old ones.

Here is what I get, which confuses me since the TFT library is in there already…

ArduinoPhoneCode.ino: In function ‘void stateMachine()’:
ArduinoPhoneCode:112: error: ‘Tft’ was not declared in this scope
ArduinoPhoneCode:215: error: ‘WHITE’ was not declared in this scope
ArduinoPhoneCode:216: error: ‘GRAY1’ was not declared in this scope
ArduinoPhoneCode:217: error: ‘RED’ was not declared in this scope
ArduinoPhoneCode:250: error: ‘BLACK’ was not declared in this scope
ArduinoPhoneCode:262: error: ‘GREEN’ was not declared in this scope
ArduinoPhoneCode.ino: In function ‘void stateMsg()’:
ArduinoPhoneCode:508: error: ‘RED’ was not declared in this scope
ArduinoPhoneCode:524: error: ‘RED’ was not declared in this scope

hey~ Actually I had modified the TFT Shield firmware, that’s , it’s a little different form the firmware on the wiki~

Oh okay, makes sense now, thank you.

We have posted all liraries on github, (the link) you can’t miss it on the first page.