DSO nano new bootloader firmware

I just flashed the BenF software on the DSO201 with the the new bootloader.
I took the hex files generated by the IAR Compiler and also changed the file names. (V201_LIB.HEX, V201_APP.HEX) and now it works.
DSO201Flash.zip (34.2 KB)

Alf, that has fixed it for me as well. Haven’t checked it all but looks good so far.
Many many thanks to you and everyone who has devoted time to solve this problem.
I won’t be sending my nano back now, now going to learn the ins and outs of benf’s app.
Just a quick question, it comes up as app ver 3.11 how does this differ from the 3.64 app?
Thanks again :smiley:

I copied the source code here:
gitorious.org/dsonano/dso-firmware#more
But this seems to be not the actual version of the BenF SW. If i can get the source for BenF 3.64 i could try the same again.

Hi Alf, have had a look at this 3.11 and it is much much better than the e-design 2.60 but has a few features missing that are in 3.64, if you could work your miracle on the 3.64 app and lib that would be great.
The benf 3.64 is in this forum under “DSO firmware version 3.64” and the file is on the first message, don’t know if this is what you mean you need?

Hello, in this file are only the DFU files and a PDF, no source code. You can convert the DFU files to the hex file with the DFU File Manager but the bootloader can’t handle the generated format. The hex files generated by the IAR workbench seems to work, at least the version that i tested. I will try to get the source code.

Hi Alf, yes I now grasp what you mean, excuse me but I am a hardware engineer so get a bit confused by all this compiling etc :confused:
I have had a quick look and it may well be that the last source code available may well be the 3.11 however I will keep hunting and put any info on here, maybe others with this problem can have a search as well to see what can be found?

Next Step: BenF V364 / V353
I couldn’t find the source, so i chnaged the dfu files.
DFU -> S-Rec -> Intel hex
srec_cat V364.s19 -Output V364_APP.HEX -Intel -Output_Block_Size 16
BenF364_LIB353.zip (49.6 KB)

Alf, looks like you have cracked it. Loaded fine and comes up as 3.64, extra featuresa all seem there, about to sit down and play.
Many thanks again to you and everyone else.

Awesome work. Did you use IAR v 6.x?

I kinda like the new loader because of easier firmware loading not requiring extra software.

Good job, alf! Glad you got it working, and that my guess about checksums/certification was proven wrong. For your information, BenF’s 3.13 version was the last open-source version, there are only minor changes to what’s in the git tree on gitorious.

I used the IAR Embedded Workbench 6.3 (6.30.7.3447)
Thanks for the info about the BenF Source code, so i will not search for the code any more.
At the moment i am glad that it works.

Yes its interesting why the hex file I posted from a zip Benf 3.1 for IAR5 I got from Google code did not work. Maybe the file name matters or maybe IAR 6 format is different. Anyways I glad Alf skills came in handy.

Great job Alf!!
Many many thanks!!!

Worked for me too. Many thanks to all supporters!

Hans

Excellent job, successfully upgraded mine too.

Blees you Alf…copied your files into my dso210. on repower, flash screen said BENF. I do like it better than stock. Thank you for your efforts!

Alf, greatest thanks. You are a genius! I bow to your expertise and generosity in providing these files in a format/design that is functional with the DSO201 V1 with the new boot loader.

I had a potential nightmare on my hands. I found a .hex that worked online somewhere else…but it was miss labeled and ended up being V1.1 firmware. Not very pretty…

Your two files worked perfectly for me. Up until I came across your post I could not get various .hex to work with new boot loader version.
I now have functional Ben F Firmware; LIB 3.64 APP 3.53. I’m off to go explore its features :smiley:

Hello everyone,
I came to this forum after buying a nano DSU by a Chinese vendor who seemed seriously, this is the
link diyertool.com/measuring-equi … so201.html
I have discovered that it is equipped with the updater firmeare V3.20A …
reading this tread I was able to load version benf, but I was wondering if in the future, the inability to use
the system bootloader with the program of classic St, might be a problem …
if I contact the seller, I can claim to have been cheated, because the product is not what I bought?

thanks to all

Def89

hi some one has had problem with image save?
because my dso nano with benf 3.64 (by alf) don’t save the images and showing SD Err.

I had the same problem with a Sandisk 1GB card, even though I had reformatted it with Windows it still came up “SD error”
I read the instructions for 3.64 and on page 18 it says that it is a good idea to use a program called " sdformatter " (Google for a download) I did this, loaded the program, formatted the card using this formatter program and all is now perfect. Hope this may help you.