Flow Sensor

Flow switch–MR-W1-P

I had a quick question on your flow switch. A little back story here, I am a landlord that wants to create a device to limit water flows inside my properties. Basically, if a toilet runs too long, a leaky sink happens, or an all out pipe break/leak occurs, I want to hook this up to my main source of water, preferably just after the meter, and have a solenoid shut down the water… after a user input amount of time. The sensor, I assume, sends a constant signal to my “alarm” only when the water is “flowing”

I have a timer in mind…

ebay.com/itm/Digital-Twin-ti … 3cc37aa5b4

What I want is every time the water is turned on, the sensor sends a signal to the timer which counts to say 60 minutes, if/when the water is quickly turned off, the timer resets. If the water runs longer the 60 minutes, the alarm sends a signal to a solenoid to shut off the water. A manual override, ie the tenant or me, would have to go turn it back on after repairs have been made. Basically it limits damage to the property, as well to the pocketbook keeping an obscene water from happening.

Any input? I would preferably want a 3/4" flow sensor, but, for now, I’m just prototyping…

Dear customer,

The Flow switch–MR-W1-P is OK for your project, it is only turn on/off switch. But actually about the water flow I think G3/4 Water Flow sensor.seeedstudio.com/depot/g34-wa … th=144_151
It is better one but need to use with MCU to control.

So if your just need to count the time that flow switch is OK.

Best regards,

Yuri

Which MCU would you use? If you get a minute, can you check out the alarm I had in mind, it has the MCU for digital control. I really just need to know how to connect the two. Basically if the alarm is getting a signal because of flow, it will hopefully remain on with the product you referred to, the G3/4 Water Flow sensor. If it doesn’t get the signal, I know this alarm will reset.

How do I get the water flow sensor to literally plug into the alarm?

By the way, thanks for the response, I might have a few other questions if that is ok…

Dear customer,

I am sorry, which you provide the link is not our product, so better you should ask them about control circuit.
About the MCU you can use with Arduino/Seeeduino both can realize your project.
But about the codes we would not supply and support. That you should solve by yourself. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Yuri