Grove Serial LCD Problem

I bought Grove serial lcd but I cant work it I always get this error “SerialLCD slcd(11,12);”

here is a sample :

/*
SerialLCD Library - Hello World

Demonstrates the use a 16x2 LCD SerialLCD driver from Seeedstudio.

This sketch prints “Hello, Seeeduino!” to the LCD
and shows the time.

Library originally added 16 Dec. 2010
by Jimbo.we
seeedstudio.com
*/

// include the library code:
#include <SerialLCD.h>
#include <NewSoftSerial.h> //this is a must

// initialize the library
SerialLCD slcd(11,12);//this is a must, assign soft serial pins

void setup() {
// set up
slcd.begin();
// Print a message to the LCD.
slcd.print(“hello, world!”);
}

void loop() {
// set the cursor to column 0, line 1
// (note: line 1 is the second row, since counting begins with 0):
slcd.setCursor(0, 1);
// print the number of seconds since reset:
slcd.print(millis()/1000,DEC);
}

I download library and search internet but I cant do that.

can u help me please?

This is not the full error message… if you want to help you, you must show us the full error output.

Did you download correct version?
seeedstudio.com/wiki/Grove_-_Serial_LCD

I solve that problems but now I cant get backlight to lcd. there is nothing on LCD and seems nothing. example not seems HELLO WORLD text.

yes I download correct version and it upload code to arduino but there isnt any light and text on lCD

I’m having a similar problem. Initially, it was that the older version of the library wasn’t updated to work with Arduino 1.0, which uses the updated SoftwareSerial library (which replaces the NewSoftSerial library). There also needed to be a bunch of modifications to the SoftwareSerial::print() methods which now only requires one value.

Yesterday someone released an updated library in the Wiki with all of these fixes.

So I replaced my updated version with the version on the Wiki, with the same result. Nothing comes up on the screen.

I’m using the basic Blink example, with the Serial LCD hooked directly to the Serial header on the Seeeduino 3.0 main board. Is the code using the correct soft serial pins 11 and 12? Should those be set to something else? I couldn’t find a reference anywhere of what those pins could be otherwise.

Please help!

Please use this thread: http://www.seeedstudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2981