The PCB weight is too damn high!

For example the estimated weight for 10pcs of 2layer, 10cm x 10cm, 1.6mm FR4 are specified with 970g.
Thats sounds a little too much for me … so I’ve done some research and found an online calculator[0].
For 10pcs, 100mm x 100mm, 35um, 75%, 1.6mm it says 0.41kg !

I hope the listed weight is incorrect, because the calculation of the shipping costs are based on this weight… : )

[0] leiton.de/leiton-tools-weigh … ation.html

thank you so much for bringing this information to us! i will check the problem immediately.

not solved yet :frowning:

Hello, guys!

Are you going to resolve this problem (incorrect weight estimation)?
Your price and quality are good, but incorrect weight estimation causes too high shipping cost.
For 10 pcs 5x5 PCB real weight for parcel was less than 100 gm, but estimation is 340. I can donate few dollars for you that time, because you are good guys. But for 100 bigger boards this is a big difference. This causes me to look for another PCB house.
For example, half a year ago I bought 300 boards from another supplier, and their production + shipment (FedEx!!!) was a lot cheaper, than your production + shipment.

I love you and I prefer to continue use your service. But please fix this issue (too high weight estimation for shipment)

Hi there,
i have adjusted the weight already. but please do understand that there are still tolerance there. for example, your board size is 33 cm, but the weight we still charge the 55cm because so far our system can still not recognize the real size of your board.
beside the PCB weight, we also include the package weight.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
We notice that it is not fair enough! and we are working on a new version of order website. such problems will be solve whithin a few months.

Sorry again for the inconvenience!
Thanks@
Shuyang

I am happy to confirm that Seeedstudio now have adjusted their PCB shipping fees. Special thanks to Fusion PCB manager Raymond who followed up on my requests!

These numbers are from my own buying experience, no guarantees given on their future validity:
10pcs 5x5cm (1.6mm) was estimated to 140g and $4.93 shipping cost (to Europe).
10pcs 5x10cm (1.6mm) was estimated to 230g and $6.39 shipping cost (to Europe).

For 10 pcs 5x5 PCB real weight for parcel was less than 100 gm, but estimation is 340. I can donate few dollars for you that time, because you are good guys. But for 100 bigger boards this is a big difference. This causes me to look for another PCB house.