Order delayed for one month? Unacceptable...

Hi Seeedstudio,

I’ve been enjoying your products and services for some time by now, but something very unpleasant and unappropriate is happening with my latest order.

I ordered PCB Fusion service on 4th of January (Order # is 41842). I prepared it as it is described on the page, exactly: The Gerber file must be RS-274x format. This is my third order and I’ve been including Drills layers in Excellon format in previous orders because one blogger here in Russia suggested doing so. But since it didn’t require (according to your page) I decided to quit doing so. Ok, I just attached TXT in Gerber for drills. Here goes my mail exchange with a guy in production:

Me Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 5:53 PM: Hi, this is my PCB file for order D41842, thanks!
Service Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 7:45 AM: Hello,
Your gerber file is incomplete and the NC drill file is missing.
Please send the complete gerber file to us.
Best Regards
Monkey
Me Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 1:40 PM:Hi Monkey,

Gerber NC Drill txt file was in archive - is that your mailing system that automatically sends this reply when status changes to “In Production”? I’m confused…

Please let me know asap,
Service Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 6:04 AM: Yes, Gerber NC Drill txt file is missing, sorry for the confusing
Me Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 6:09 AM: Hi Monkey,

I checked ten times, it was in the archive, I’m attaching it to this message, please see below.

Let me know asap if there is a problem and please please please be more specific!

And just in case I’m attaching the copy of the same file with the name NC Drill.txt

Thanks,
A.
Service Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 12:15 PM: Hi there,
The drilling is still not fit for your PCB, attached the correct format. (<< here goes some attachement - I thought maybe they converted my file themselves?)
Regards,
Monkey
Me Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 12:50 PM: Hi Monkey,

Have you started the production or you are waiting for my input? Please let me know exactly what format is needed (I used Gerber) for NC Drill. Is that Excillon that you need?

Please let me know, i’m really confused and don’t know what you want from me.

Thanks a lot in advance,
A.
Service Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 12:56 PM: Yes, This is the correct drilling format
Me Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 1:00 PM: Dear dwin,

Please please please be more specific, your message does not clarify anything - WHICH is correct format? HAVE you started the production? DO you expect anything from me?

Thanks,
A.
Service Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 1:28 PM: The drilling data is a TXT file, attached is the correct drilling format.
From your drilling file, we do not known the size of the drill, in other words the drill layer is missing, do you understand now?
Me Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 2:01 PM: I understand now that you are waiting for my input and will not start production untill I send you the file.

Here it is said that the format must be “The Gerber file must be RS-274x format”: seeedstudio.com/depot/fusion … ?cPath=185

I believe that is the format I used. However I will check again tonight and will send you the file asap.

If that is not the correct format, please let me know now.

Best,
A.
Me Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 10:00 PM: Hello,

I browsed Forum on Seeedstudio site and found CAM job, that I ran on my design. Please find the result attached.

Best,
A.
Service Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 10:00 PM: Hi,there!

Happy Spring Festival! I am enjoying my holiday now and I will be back to work Feb.1st. Your order will be dealed then immediately. Thanks for your letter and sorry for the onhold.

Guys, I appreciate holidays and stuff, but this is really not a great way of communicating. First I’ve been told file was missing, than it was the wrond format, than I tried to understand what was the right format - in vain, and than my order is immediately delayed for three weeks. That sucks. Please do something - I understand the production stops on 17th - there’s planty of time to process my files. I’ve been hitting my head over my desk trying to understand what do I need to do and now I’m punished for not posessing telepathy skills. I’d appreciate if you could fix it - I’m being your advocate and thankful customer and I do share my great experience with your company with robotic community here in Russia - because of great service.

Thanks in advance,
Andrey

Guys, production just got back to me letting me know that my order will be processed before the Chinese New Year. Many thanks, that’s exactly what I expectend and… just great!

Just a side note - it would be great if you could add the requirement regarding NC Drill.txt file to the service page explicitly stating that it must be in Excellon standard. I believe that may save some time for other hobbyists who like me don’t know anything about production and just blindly follow instructions on the site.

Thanks again and Happy New Year!

Hi Andrey,
Sorry for the later reply, usually we note you that the drill file is missing, it means the drill layer is missing or we don’t known the size of drill, we will describe the problem more detailed in the future. Do you have received your PCBs? sorry for the inconvenience again.
Regards,
Dingding